Where are we finishing

Delighted with top 10 but anything that doesn't involve a relegation battle is fine with me..but it will be very tough there is no underfunded Burnley and crackpot case QPR this time around. 

I can see us having a slow start while the new boys find their feet, but once they have got used to the PL then I can see us finishing comfortably mid table.

If we could get 50 points next season, I would be over the moon. 13 wins and 11 draws would give us that, allowing for 14 defeats. I feel that is a realistic target as last season we won 10 and drew 8 - turning 6 of last seasons defeats into 3 wins and 3 draws would have got us that total.

Edited by Woody1000

The central defence as it stands is worrying. If we fix that problem and sign a good centre half (or two), and bring in another striker, I actually think we could be dark horses for tenth. 

I really thought you were going to say "dark horses" for something higher than 10th until you said that ;)

What I find exciting - if not also a little scary - about this season is we're sort of dark horses for anything; with so many new faces, most of them new to English football as well, it's a complete unknown how the players will perform, how the team will gel, if they are all up to Premier League scratch, etc... Were among the favourites to go down based on recent finishes but I don't think the last few seasons should have any bearing on where we end this one, it is a (largely) brand new team going out. Ok so we can be realistic and rule out the upper reaches of the table - say the European places - but after that it could be anything. I'm clinging to optimism for now that we will improve, significantly, and surprise a few. And hopefully we'll all start to enjoy the ride again.

As I said last August, there will be the big five in any order, then Everton, Southampton, Spurs and Swansea will make up the next little mini league down to mid table.

From there any team from 10th all the way down could conceivably be relegated. It all depends on which teams put the runs of results together. I do think we'll be a team that can get on better runs of results this season.

I think the height of our potential is 9th or 10th, which would be superb. 11th to 13th is more realistic.

I've no doubt we can score, but we will also concede a lot.

I think this season is very exciting and nobody has any idea.  We could be incredibly bad and the new lads don't fit in and cant cope with the new league to the lads are phenomenal, hit the ground running and with the raw potential and variety in the players we have, we cause havoc and end up by the European places.  I know reality is somewhere in the middle but given how new they all are we have no idea where in that spectrum we are likely to be.  Usually we have a few changes so we know we are likely to be in roughly the same position or either a couple of places higher or lower......this though is a new world

Somewhere in the minileague that is between 9th and 15th. We'll be safe from the drop and if we are at 40pts by April Sherwood would be Manager of the Season for me.

I'd take 13th-15th as its progress. But 12th and upwards should be our aim with the players we've bought in. Until we know how these players will adapt to the league and gel, it's just so hard to say.

If March comes around and I haven't felt the need to write down our remaining fixtures and those of the teams around us, hopelessly trying to predict results and points totals, it will have been a been a big step in the right direction.

I thought it was just me :)

Between 12th and 8th. Will have a slowish start overall (although I back us to beat Bournemouth) while all the new players are settling in. Then in the second half of the season the depth of our squad compared to the rest of the lower to mid-table teams will see us finish strongly! I believe we have good squad depth and lots of different tactical options especially going forward so injuries and burn out shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Â