Where are we finishing

we have improved almost every aspect of the team, accept our main striker, but we have far more goal scoring options than we've had in decades.

obviously not replacing Benteke can't be understated, but overall I think we are stronger than last season if we can keep everyone fit and get the newcomers playing to their potential.

EIghth isn't that improbable, I'd prefer to be champions, but being realistic for this season I think the best we can do is challenge amongst the Europa places. I think there are a lot of overated teams in the Prem, if our new players put it together and live up to their potential we could be one of the most exciting teams in Europe.

Eighth means that apart from the guaranteed 6, we are only bested by one other team from Swansea, Southampton, Everton, West Ham and Palace. Not a chance in hell IMHO.

I think you are overestimating Everton.

12th for me, however.

I put them above us, that's all. I don't think they're up to much and I don't expect them to be top 8 (I've put my money on that one btw) but I do think they're about a year ahead of us in terms of cohesion and on that point alone I'd give them the edge.  But the list I gave in my post must be taken as a whole, because the point is that I think at the very least 2 of those will be above us and in all likelyhood all of them.

EIghth isn't that improbable, I'd prefer to be champions, but being realistic for this season I think the best we can do is challenge amongst the Europa places. I think there are a lot of overated teams in the Prem, if our new players put it together and live up to their potential we could be one of the most exciting teams in Europe.

Eighth means that apart from the guaranteed 6, we are only bested by one other team from Swansea, Southampton, Everton, West Ham and Palace. Not a chance in hell IMHO.

I think you are overestimating Everton.

12th for me, however.

I put them above us, that's all. I don't think they're up to much and I don't expect them to be top 8 (I've put my money on that one btw) but I do think they're about a year ahead of us in terms of cohesion and on that point alone I'd give them the edge. But the list I gave in my post must be taken as a whole, because the point is that I think at the very least 2 of those will be above us and in all likelyhood all of them.

Agree generally.

I think we have a better squad than Everton myself and I do have to wonder whether West Ham are being seriously overestimated simply for being busy yesterday. I like Stoke too however and fancy a surprise team, possibly Watford.

I don't think we will be anywhere near the relegation zone, relatively speaking. I've seen enough from us already and we've barely got going.

I don't think we will be anywhere near the relegation zone, relatively speaking. I've seen enough from us already and we've barely got going.

Me neither, which is why I reckon (or hope) in and around 12th. But in this discussion of a top 8 finish I really think we have not got a hope in hell, given who we'd have to finish above.
  • Like 1

17th-18th. As last season, we'll either just stay up or just go down in my opinion. I would have had us higher but there's a real question mark over scoring enough goals, and while we have strengthened, so have everyone else as well. 

I'd bet my mortgage on us scoring more goals than we did last season.

That will be enough to stay up.

I'd have liked a new striker but really on reflection I'm not that worried about goals.

In the premier league, Grealish has played 1 game, Traore 20 mins and Gill 20 mins. These 3, whether all playing or a combo of 2, will have a big impact on our goal scoring this year.

I predict it ends up being a comfortable season, finishing around 11th and a good cup run in the league cup.

In the premier league, Grealish has played 1 game, Traore 20 mins and Gill 20 mins. These 3, whether all playing or a combo of 2, will have a big impact on our goal scoring this year.

Based on what though? Grealish has never looked like becoming a goalscorer, Gil hasn't either. Traore possibly may add a few, we can but hope so anyway. Because non of the midfielders look like becoming goalscorers either

4 more wins than the last few years gets us comfortably 10 the...I have no doubt whatsoever we will acheive that.

Why ?

Stronger defensively, stronger in midfield, more attacking g options, more positive philosophy.

10 the or maybe one higher or lower. 50 points.

Adding league and cup ( but not Notts County ) since he's been here 29 points from 21 games, gives us about 53.

And I think we are better now than we were.

The only significant loss is Benteke goals, but the defence looks far stronger, as does the midfield, and the goals will come from elsewhere the way we now play.

I think we'll do better than Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich and Sunderland.

At the moment we are in a league with Leicester, WBA and Newcastle. The positive news is that we will probably improve given that most of our signings have to adjust to the Premier League and also the fact that our squad is a complete new one and will take time to build an understanding.

The next group of teams are Everton, Stoke, Crystal Palace and West Ham. I think Southampton and Swansea are a bit ahead of them. So the absolute best I think we could possibly do is finish 10th (highly unlikely though). We won't be lower than 16th though IMO. But all in all I think the gap between teams in the bottom 10 is very little and the margin won't be huge.

To expand on that, if we did.....

Home / beat two out of baggies, Stoke, and ,Swansea, and draw one.

Away / draw with Leicester and lose to Chelsea and Liverpool,

Wed have 12 points from ten games which would be just one less than being on target for 50, and wed have played United, Chelsea, and Liverpool, with a squad just finding its feet.

That'd be OK with me.

Â