Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

My first impression of him was that he was quite lazy, but he could pass quite accurately and took much better corners than Westwood.

I still remember that through ball for Gabby's slow motion goal against Norwich 2 seasons ago. Perfection, and it has been something we were lacking from our mids last season.

I'd reckon on him being one of the ones who was throwing up due to the heavy fitness routine at the beginning of pre-season training.  He looked way off the first time he arrived, then he's had a season playing 'holiday camp' football in France - and by all accounts a Brucey pre-season is pretty demanding!

But I think SB is the perfect manager to get a tune out of him... he clearly needs an arm round the shoulder and Brucey is all about that.  I think he'll have said "Look you came in when it was a bad time, but it's very different now.  Trust me, I'll look after you, i'll get you fit enough to be effective in this league and I'll get you enjoying your football"

A fitter, happier Veretout could destroy this league!

41 minutes ago, AJ said:

My first impression of him was that he was quite lazy, but he could pass quite accurately and took much better corners than Westwood.

I still remember that through ball for Gabby's slow motion goal against Norwich 2 seasons ago. Perfection, and it has been something we were lacking from our mids last season.

I don't think he was lazy, just not very fit, and perhaps not 100% confident enough to demand the ball.

Both of these things can of course be corrected with good coaching and a good 'working' environment (he had neither of those things first time around).

I think there are many factors that affect a players performance.

much water has gone under the bridge.....much has changed at our club, not to mention different players to play alongside.

I have an open mind on him.

Jordan Veretout's Aston Villa exit could be on the horizon.

The midfielder, keen to leave Villa Park this summer, has been chased by Saint Etienne but the French club have not been able to match the required asking price.

Veretout featured in Villa's 4-0 friendly win at Telford on Wednesday, and was part of the training camp squad in Portugal, but sees his future elsewhere.

READ MORE

With Saint Etienne so far failing to agree a deal for the 24-year-old to take him back to the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard where he spent last season, Real Betis have now swooped.

According to L'Equipe, Betis are pressing their interest with Veretout's representatives set for discussions with the Spanish club this weekend.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-aston-villa-midfielder-set-13336210

READ MOREWith Saint Etienne so far failing to agree a deal for the 24-year-old to take him back to the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard where he spent last season, Real Betis have nswooped.According to L'Equipe, Betis are pressing their interest with Veretout's representatives set for discussions with the Spanish club this weekend.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't think he was lazy, just not very fit, and perhaps not 100% confident enough to demand the ball.

Both of these things can of course be corrected with good coaching and a good 'working' environment (he had neither of those things first time around).

I agree. That was my first impression, him being a sloth, but a lot of other factors came to light.  Being that it was the first game of the season, had just moved to a new country, and had a new baby. Generally speaking, new dads tend to be lethargic. :)

32 minutes ago, AJ said:

I agree. That was my first impression, him being a sloth, but a lot of other factors came to light.  Being that it was the first game of the season, had just moved to a new country, and had a new baby. Generally speaking, new dads tend to be lethargic. :)

old one's too.

getting a bollocking off the old snatch....how much time I'm on here......better go.

• Like 2

Â