Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

51 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

As I said before, I hope he stays, he'll be one our best players this season if he does. Has to play in central midfield, if that means Hourihane drops out then so be it.

what part of his game has caught your eye?

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

One of my biggest criticisms of Veretout when in the prem was that he looked unfit and too slow for the English league. Did he looked improved on these aspects last night?

I think any criticisms on Veretout must be tempered with the fact he was playing in  one of our worst ever season's both off and on the pitch,  and to be chucked into that shower of shite with no Premier League experience would be difficult for anyone. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TRO said:

what part of his game has caught your eye?

He can pass a football, can create chances and assists (he made a respectable amount of assists in his first season here IMO) and has good technique. He did look very unfit and weak on the ball mind, but if he can improve his fitness this won't be much of an issue IMO. 

At this level he'll be one of the best players in the league. 

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He can pass a football, can create chances and assists (he made a respectable amount of assists in his first season here IMO) and has good technique. He did look very unfit and weak on the ball mind, but if he can improve his fitness this won't be much of an issue IMO. 

At this level he'll be one of the best players in the league. 

I am still to be convinced......but I get what you are saying......still worry when he loses it, becomes a passenger and someone HAS to WIN it back.......These kind start to drift in to the category of luxury players for me.....hope I am not being too harsh on him.

I like to see midfielders have a habit of winning it back when they lose it, not JUST look at someone else to always do it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Does he want to be here though?  

New manager, better players and an expectancy to be promoted for a club that's hopefully turning the corner. Those are totally different circumstances to when he first joined the club.

If I was him I'd hedge my bets and stay to January to see how it goes. If he applies himself he might even get a move back to the Premiership even if Villa are floundering in mid table.

Could see the likes of West Ham, Burnley, Swansea or Bournemouth being interested if he does well until January window.

Edited by striker

48051550094a7adeade26ba54a8c21d1.png

I'd like to keep him. He'd definitely be a step above the competition in the championship. Having Lansbury, Hourihane, Veretout, Jedinak at the start of the season vs last season when we started with Tshibola, Westwood, Bacuna, and Gardner is a massive difference in quality. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

48051550094a7adeade26ba54a8c21d1.png

I'd like to keep him. He'd definitely be a step above the competition in the championship. Having Lansbury, Hourihane, Veretout, Jedinak at the start of the season vs last season when we started with Tshibola, Westwood, Bacuna and Gardner is a massive difference in quality. 

We still have 3 out of the 4 from the start of last season but hopefully not for long.

I would be over the moon to keep veretout, I think he would be a great player in the championship and hopefully help with his passing and always showing for the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, Villa Stu said:

We still have 3 out of the 4 from the start of last season but hopefully not for long.

I would be over the moon to keep veretout, I think he would be a great player in the championship and hopefully help with his passing and always showing for the ball.

Difference is those 3 are seen as depth now instead of starters. I am fine with them being at the club in a sub role. Tshibola is young and still has potential. Gardner is an alright midfielder for the championship. Bacuna is very versatile so he can cover numerous spots. 

Just now, Czechlad said:

Difference is those 3 are seen as depth now instead of starters. I am fine with them being at the club in a sub role. Tshibola is young and still has potential. Gardner is an alright midfielder for the championship. Bacuna is very versatile so he can cover numerous spots. 

Gardner is awful, I would be over the moon if he was to leave. In all honesty I think it would be a good move for him to help him rejuvenate his career. Tshibola I would look at loaning out to get him some first team games. Bacuna I would be happy to keep because of his versatility, however I would not be upset if he was to leave. 

In all honesty I think if he was to stay fit that Lyden would be above all 3 in the pecking order

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I am still to be convinced......but I get what you are saying......still worry when he loses it, becomes a passenger and someone HAS to WIN it back.......These kind start to drift in to the category of luxury players for me.....hope I am not being too harsh on him.

I like to see midfielders have a habit of winning it back when they lose it, not JUST look at someone else to always do it.

In the friendly against Telford, he was making pretty strong challenges in the middle of the park to win the ball back.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

In the friendly against Telford, he was making pretty strong challenges in the middle of the park to win the ball back.

ok, thats good then if we keep him.....sounds positive.

18 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

Gardner is awful, I would be over the moon if he was to leave. In all honesty I think it would be a good move for him to help him rejuvenate his career. Tshibola I would look at loaning out to get him some first team games. Bacuna I would be happy to keep because of his versatility, however I would not be upset if he was to leave. 

In all honesty I think if he was to stay fit that Lyden would be above all 3 in the pecking order

I'd rather have Veretout than Gardner or Tishbola. Trouble is Veretout is probably the only one clubs would want to pay us money for. 

Â