Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

42 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Shaun Teale has just put this argument to bed once and for all on Twitter! 

Takes a player to know a player!

teale.jpg

Except a lot of people don't argue that he works hard. He just serverely lacks any intelligence on the pitch and I would say the majority of the time makes the wrong decision, the wrong pass.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I'd like to see Ayew playing with better players around him. He honestly might have been selfish because he knew if he passed to to our midfield, it will just end up back at Gollini. 

I think he deserves a fair chance. He has the ability to change a game. 

This seems to be a constant with all players who don’t make it; if only they were surrounded with better players. Sometimes it just don’t work out, sometimes they just aren’t as good as they think they are. For Ayew its somewhere in the middle. We took a gamble on him at £12 million and it simply hasn’t paid off. 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

IMO, we've just lost our best player.

Not our most important, but our "best".

Hard to say that really without seeing our latest acquisitions playing together.

Now is this unfortunate that we're not going to see how our latest acquisitions may have improved Ayew? Yes, but we've upgraded in so many areas I don't know who our best player is anymore. 

This only makes sense if we're on the verge of signing a starter up front.

Could do with 2 forwards coming in now. Leaving it late! 

He tried as much as anyone last season. Which I respect him for. He hasn't had the impact I expected him to have this season, for whatever reasons.

I'd rather keep him until the summer but he probably fancies the move. The club probably fancy the money. Good Luck to him if he goes. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Buy all the midfielders, sell all the strikers? 

Sell all the strikers who don't score goals, buy all the strikers who might score goals.
Well, not sell ALL the strikers who don't score.....there's still Gabby obviously - but you get my drift :)

• Like 1

On 29/01/2017 at 11:57, HanoiVillan said:

What would be the point of signing Taylor unless we are selling Amavi?

Seems a pointless signing to me, if true. 

On your logic we would have no left back if amavi got injured!

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Ayew looked exciting at times, but with no end product. He scored last night but was slaughtered by their fans after his first match at AFCON. 

All show no dough I'm afraid. 

We're getting some dough for him at least I hope

It's a shame because he gave a shit last year when almost everyone else was a disgrace and provided pretty much our only quality plus was willing to give it a go in the Championship, but something had to give with the balance of the squad.  I'd like to see him do well, and for us to get a more central striker to replace him.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

IMO, we've just lost our best player.

Not our most important, but our "best".

I sort of agree.  Certainly in our top 3 or 4.  All the arguments of selfish fall over for me given we had no midfielders for him to pass to and no forwards making half decent runs into the box.  If he'd have passed or crossed the move would have broken down anyway.  He made the best of a shite position more times than he didn't.  Shame he's gone.

• Like 1

Â