Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

His best season (at Lorient) he played as a striker.

Scored 13 in 33 in the notoriously goal shy League 1.

Looking at him for us it's obvious that he want's to play central and that he's frustrated not getting to do so.

28 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Play a striker in a strikers position and he plays well, blimey that's a turn up.

Would love to see Ayew given the central striker role.

I'm sure he's had opportunities in that position. Not many but a few. You have to question why he's not been played there if it's clearly his best position. For me his finishing isn't good enough to play as a central striker. 

Don't think he can play up top on his own, and we definitely have not had the players to afford 2 strikers leading the line. Now with our Jan signings we can probably try Ayew and Kodjia up front together if Bruce thinks it'll work. 

As I've said it this thread before he always puts in an honest effort.  

I think he lacks football intelligence. He has the technical ability to be a far more effective player but just can't piece it together in his head. 

In his current form we won't miss him if he goes 

I'm most definitely in the "We won't miss him" camp. 100%

I'm still waiting to see...or hear, what he offers the side that Gabby hasn't since he returned? The way I see it they both huff and puff, make poor decisions most of the time and their final ball, be it shot, pass or or cross is invariably poor.

Ayew has shown flashes of real ability, but really hasn't improved since he has been at the club. Even dropping down a level hasn't brought about any improvement, actually nearer the opposite! To me his body language screams "attitude problem". His selfishness/lack of awareness on the pitch has cost us many times and his goal return is poor.

He has been played centrally, and he didn't impress there either. The reputed £8m deal would be good business for us in my view.

Ask yourself 2 questions when assessing his value to the club.

1. Do we miss him when he doesn't play?

2. Would you be worried about facing him in another team? 

If you answer 'No' to both of those questions (as I'm sure most will, then selling for good money is a good idea.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

I'm most definitely in the "We won't miss him" camp. 100%

I'm still waiting to see...or hear, what he offers the side that Gabby hasn't since he returned? The way I see it they both huff and puff, make poor decisions most of the time and their final ball, be it shot, pass or or cross is invariably poor.

Ayew has shown flashes of real ability, but really hasn't improved since he has been at the club. Even dropping down a level hasn't brought about any improvement, actually nearer the opposite! To me his body language screams "attitude problem". His selfishness/lack of awareness on the pitch has cost us many times and his goal return is poor.

He has been played centrally, and he didn't impress there either. The reputed £8m deal would be good business for us in my view.

Ask yourself 2 questions when assessing his value to the club.

1. Do we miss him when he doesn't play?

2. Would you be worried about facing him in another team? 

If you answer 'No' to both of those questions (as I'm sure most will, then selling for good money is a good idea.

I can't tell if this is a troll or not.

a]  "What he offers the side that Gabby hasn't since he returned?" - goals, assists, tackles, dribbling, shooting, literally everything.  He is better than Gabby in every single way.

b]  "His body language screams "attitude problem"" - I don't know, maybe it's just the way he looks.  I mean, you're talking about a guy who has averaged more tackles than anyone else who has played over 9 games this season, someone who breaks down the opposition more than any other attacking player and who creates more chances per game than anyone other than Ross McCormack.  If working that hard is the sign of an attitude problem then I'd like 11 players with attitude problems please.

c]  "He has been played centrally, and he didn't impress then either" - when?  Genuinely cannot remember this at all.

Then:

1.  "Do we miss him when he doesn't play?" - Yes.  We simply don't create or shoot enough (that's down to missing Kodjia too).

2.  "Would you be worried about facing him in another team?" - Yes.  He's a player that runs at defences and shoots.  We hate facing that sort of player.  See; Hugill's goal for Preston against us.  Dribbling, shooting.

He causes defences nightmares and, I would guess, is our topscorer since he joined the club.  I'm not sure if any of his goals have been penalties either?  Selling for less than we paid for him is, in my eyes, poor business.  But then again, getting rid of him is poor business in my eyes too.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I can't tell if this is a troll or not.

a]  "What he offers the side that Gabby hasn't since he returned?" - goals, assists, tackles, dribbling, shooting, literally everything.  He is better than Gabby in every single way.

b]  "His body language screams "attitude problem"" - I don't know, maybe it's just the way he looks.  I mean, you're talking about a guy who has averaged more tackles than anyone else who has played over 9 games this season, someone who breaks down the opposition more than any other attacking player and who creates more chances per game than anyone other than Ross McCormack.  If working that hard is the sign of an attitude problem then I'd like 11 players with attitude problems please.

c]  "He has been played centrally, and he didn't impress then either" - when?  Genuinely cannot remember this at all.

Then:

1.  "Do we miss him when he doesn't play?" - Yes.  We simply don't create or shoot enough (that's down to missing Kodjia too).

2.  "Would you be worried about facing him in another team?" - Yes.  He's a player that runs at defences and shoots.  We hate facing that sort of player.  See; Hugill's goal for Preston against us.  Dribbling, shooting.

He causes defences nightmares and, I would guess, is our topscorer since he joined the club.  I'm not sure if any of his goals have been penalties either?  Selling for less than we paid for him is, in my eyes, poor business.  But then again, getting rid of him is poor business in my eyes too.

Very well argued, fair play. It's all about opinions.

Me likening him to Gabby was purely in relation to influencing a game. People are very quick to slag Gabby, and at the same time praise Ayew, when the end product is very much the same.

I have based my view on what I have seen with my own eyes. Not statistics. I don't care what the stats say in terms of creating chances, because he really doesn't. In fact, there are more instances of him simply not making that final pass because he either hasn't seen it or simply refuses to. He played up through the middle several times last season IIRC. Anyway, he played wide in France mainly anyway so it's a null and void argument. He is and has been playing in his best position for us.

All I would say is if he was half as good as your stats suggest, why is an experienced manager like Steve Bruce looking to get rid? A manager so disillusioned by our strike force he has put Gabby back in the side! 

He won't do anything for Swansea...except maybe get relegated again. You can take that to the bank!

1 minute ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Very well argued, fair play. It's all about opinions.

Me likening him to Gabby was purely in relation to influencing a game. People are very quick to slag Gabby, and at the same time praise Ayew, when the end product is very much the same.

I have based my view on what I have seen with my own eyes. Not statistics. I don't care what the stats say in terms of creating chances, because he really doesn't. In fact, there are more instances of him simply not making that final pass because he either hasn't seen it or simply refuses to. He played up through the middle several times last season IIRC. Anyway, he played wide in France mainly anyway so it's a null and void argument. He is and has been playing in his best position for us.

All I would say is if he was half as good as your stats suggest, why is an experienced manager like Steve Bruce looking to get rid? A manager so disillusioned by our strike force he has put Gabby back in the side! 

He won't do anything for Swansea...except maybe get relegated again. You can take that to the bank!

I guess if you're asking "what he offers" and then choosing to ignore cold hard facts of what he offers then, sure, he offers as much as Gabby.

I have no idea why Steve Bruce doesn't use him more often - I do know, though, that our best game this season was not under Steve Bruce and Jordan Ayew in particular excelled.  Granted, we didn't win (somehow, still no idea...).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I would guess, is our topscorer since he joined the club.  I'm not sure if any of his goals have been penalties either?

It's a good guess but it's not right. Gestede got 11. Ayew is on 10. Kodjia has already drawn level with Ayew's 9 league goals in the 4 months he's been here. As for the penalties, One of his 2 league goals this season came from the spot against Reading in the last minute IIRC. He also scored a penalty against West Ham last season. Just to be annoying. :)

• Like 1

Â