Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

9 hours ago, KSV said:

Why would he want to go. Swansea will be relegated and probably won't come back up. He's better off staying here or going China

Because they would throw PL wages at him and he won't be on them any more with us. I rather suspect money is hos main motivation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Because they would throw PL wages at him and he won't be on them any more with us. I rather suspect money is hos main motivation.

For a few months though. Long term he will lose money

Not bothered particularly if he goes so long as we bring in a player of similar quality.  But straight swap for Neil Taylor!!??? :o :bang:

Regardless of his attitude, he's an international striker who on his day can score goals in the PL.  You don't just swap him for a very average fullback (albeit a Welsh international one), he's way more valuable than that.

Plus we're in effect strengthening a rival because Swansea will be down here in the Championship next season with us!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Not bothered particularly if he goes so long as we bring in a player of similar quality.  But straight swap for Neil Taylor!!??? :o :bang:

Regardless of his attitude, he's an international striker who on his day can score goals in the PL.  You don't just swap him for a very average fullback (albeit a Welsh international one), he's way more valuable than that.

Plus we're in effect strengthening a rival because Swansea will be down here in the Championship next season with us!

With the signings already made I'm not so sure Villa will be in the Championship next season.

Still feel that Villa should hold onto Ayew at least until the end of the season as he can play wide or upfront and gives Bruce more options in case of injuries.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Going by Tony's tweets, surely this might be the swap plus cash? So They get Ayew and pay a bit and we get Taylor. 

Certainly that's the way I see it too - not a straight swap but player plus cash for ayew .

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree, I'm surprised his agent hadn't got him a move to China, seems the type that would jump at such a move knowing the money involved.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

What would be the point of signing Taylor unless we are selling Amavi?

Seems a pointless signing to me, if true. 

What happens if Amavi gets injured? Who else at the club can play left back?

We need competition and options for places in the first XI.

I don't think Amavi will be at the club next season unless we somehow get promoted. If, we can sign his replacement now and get him bedded into the squad and Bruce's way of playing then it's a win win either way.

• Like 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

What happens if Amavi gets injured? Who else at the club can play left back?

We need competition and options for places in the first XI.

I don't think Amavi will be at the club next season unless we somehow get promoted. If, we can sign his replacement now and get him bedded into the squad and Bruce's way of playing then it's a win win either way.

Neil Taylor is not dropping down a division to become a reserve left-back. Surely. That seems pretty unlikely. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Amavi hasn't been the same since we turned down that apparent £25 million bid for him.

If Amavi possibly isn't going to be here in the Summer we need to bed someone else in.

I don't agree. If Amavi is going to be sold in the summer, then we can get a left back in the summer. Pre-season is plenty enough time to 'bed someone in'. We don't need six months of paying a guy £30k+ to sit on the bench beforehand. 

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What would be the point of signing Taylor unless we are selling Amavi?

Seems a pointless signing to me, if true. 

I think Amavi will be gone in the summer.

If we can get £20m for him then it would make sense

Â