Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

13 hours ago, TRO said:

I think the "Hound dogs" are gradually been hounded out.....Ayew always looks full of melancholy to me.

I think Steve is trying to change the attitude about the place.......similar to what Graham Taylor did.

Who were the hound dogs back then?  Steve Hunt? Andy Blair?

5 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Who were the hound dogs back then?  Steve Hunt? Andy Blair?

No.....they had decent attitudes.....Steve was a villa fan, local boy.

just referring to the amount of surgery GT implemented and the GT philosophy that engulfed the club.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

No.....they had decent attitudes.

just referring to the amount of surgery GT implemented and the GT philosophy that engulfed the club.

I only named them as I was trying to think of players who didn't really play under Taylor.

But Yes he shook the club up.  Brought in at first old heads to help stabilise like Simms, Norton and Lillis.  As the season went on started to shape his new team with Stuart Gray, Andy Gray (MK II) and Platt.

Was it the pre-season after we were promoted where Aspinall kicked out while on tour in Scotland?  Taylor had him straight out the door no messing. 

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Cannot even begin to understand Swansea's thinking behind this though. 

Maybe they think that because his brother played well for them Jordan might too? Other than that I'm at a loss. He's got some skill but has the brain of a lemming and a terrible attitude.  

3 hours ago, NIVillan said:

I only named them as I was trying to think of players who didn't really play under Taylor.

But Yes he shook the club up.  Brought in at first old heads to help stabilise like Simms, Norton and Lillis.  As the season went on started to shape his new team with Stuart Gray, Andy Gray (MK II) and Platt.

Was it the pre-season after we were promoted where Aspinall kicked out while on tour in Scotland?  Taylor had him straight out the door no messing. 

good memory............................... is Crucial.....sorry about the pun:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

The absolutely must keep player of the summer.  The most indifferent departure. 

He has some ability for sure,  but it is in glimpses only. 

Hope Swansea fans don't think they are getting another version of his brother.  We always got the wrong one of the 2.

45 minutes ago, villa89 said:

No loss on the pitch and I suspect he was a cancer in the dressing room. Good riddance. 

Literally no evidence whatsoever, but okay. 

I might be in the minority, but I think in Ayew we've lost one of our best footballers today. I think there's something wrong with the system, if it's seen as worthwhile to sell your best players because they don't fit in to your style of play. I saw Ayew, Amavi, and Grealish as the talents in our squad, capable of playing at a level higher than the Championship, but they seem to be becoming sacrificial lambs in the quest to produce turgid "Championship-style" football.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, villa89 said:

Maybe they think that because his brother played well for them Jordan might too? Other than that I'm at a loss. He's got some skill but has the brain of a lemming and a terrible attitude.  

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

No loss on the pitch and I suspect he was a cancer in the dressing room. Good riddance. 

Any evidence of this at all? Seems like a fairly low thing to say about somebody if you have no evidence for saying it.

• Like 2

Â