Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

If the mooted deal is £5m plus Taylor that's dreadful from us.

Taylor is worth probably 2-3m, so we should be looking at 8-10 in addition for Ayew.

I think we've been quite shrewd on the whole this window but perhaps not here.

For all his faults I like Ayew. I'll reserve judgement on this deal until I see what replacements are coming in. 

10 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

If the mooted deal is £5m plus Taylor that's dreadful from us.

Taylor is worth probably 2-3m, so we should be looking at 8-10 in addition for Ayew.

For all his faults I like Ayew. I'll reserve judgement on this deal until I see what replacements are coming in. 

I like him but he's definitely not worth £12m. £8m is about right. I wouldn't have taken double that in the summer, but he hasn't pulled up any trees. Though he is an asset from the bench. 

At £8m I rate him, but he's a squad player at a mid table championship club for a reason. Perhaps he can find that consistency elsewhere but I don't expect him to be amazing. I expect he will be a squad player at a relegation threatened Premier League club instead. 

As long as we replace him, all good. Good luck to the lad. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

I like Ayew but he has remained a 'what might be' player. 

No real problem with us effectively getting close to our money back particularly if, as one would imagine, either the player or Manager have a preference that he goes.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Patrick van Aanholt is going for 14M ffs. No way in hell is Ayew worth 8M in today's market.

What are we basing this valuation on? I like Ayew but regardless of that you can't realistically demand more for a player who isn't a regular starter for a mid table Championship club. In my opinion.

I don't think it's a great deal, I'd like a couple of million more, but it is what it is.  

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

Bizarrely his attitude was pretty excellent (for the most part) when the club was in the biggest mess it's ever been. 

We finally start to turn the corner in terms of structure and organisation and his heads gone down.

All about personalities Bruce hasn't been a fan from day 1 and Ayew hasn't done anything to change his mind. 

Has the ability to be the best player in this league. Really not an intelligent player though and definitely not a fan of passing which will mean he'll never make the most of that talent. 

23 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Depends what we do with the 5 mill we bring in on top of Taylor.

In our best team Ayew doesn't start. If selling him helps bring in a forward who will then that this will be good business. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What are we basing this valuation on? I like Ayew but regardless of that you can't realistically demand more for a player who isn't a regular starter for a mid table Championship club. In my opinion.

I don't think it's a great deal, I'd like a couple of million more, but it is what it is.  

I'm not sure us being in the Championship has much bearing on it considering how much money we have. Also the fact that Ayew is a PL quality player, it shouldn't really factor in his fee imo. 

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm not sure us being in the Championship has much bearing on it considering how much money we have. Also the fact that Ayew is a PL quality player, it shouldn't really factor in his fee imo. 

The problem is that he's not even a regular at a mid table Championship club, so that's almost certainly going to put a drag on his value. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

We'll have to agree to disagree then. They're talking about that sort of fee for Scott Hogan, who has scored 14 goals this season. He has Premier League clubs fighting over him, I don't think Premier League clubs are fighting over Ayew. 

I guess we could keep an unhappy player who I don't think the manager rates, but that seems unwise. Or having money it means we can afford to take a small hit to move him and his wages off the books? Big clubs do this often enough. 

I'd rather we were able to shift Richards or McCormack, but to be players in the game we must remain active rather than reactive. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I like him but he's definitely not worth £12m. £8m is about right.

I don't know. But I think football valuations are a mess. Fulham rate that Barrow at £15m and he's not as good as Ayew in any way.

• Like 1

Has decent ability but can't imagine him ever really being a top, consistent player. Think the deal is fine, wouldn't have been too disappointed with just 5 million alone, He's just a bit nothingy here. So not too bothered all in all. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see Ayew playing with better players around him. He honestly might have been selfish because he knew if he passed to to our midfield, it will just end up back at Gollini. 

I think he deserves a fair chance. He has the ability to change a game. 

Â