Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Still think we'd be better off with him, particularly as left mid is a black hole for us at the moment. I also don't think because he's not setting the Premier League on fire makes no odds, I'm sure Kodjia wouldn't but he's still gold for us. With that said, if it was necessary we gave him up to get Taylor in and bring in Hogan, I'm warming to the deal..

I don't think he will make it in the UK with any decent team. I think he will struggle to find a place at Swansea and be squad rather than starting games. He needs to change to a midfielder who can score, and use his undoubted technical ability and skill to create for others. I don't think he has this change in him though.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2017 at 18:08, rodders0223 said:

Terrible player.

about this.

I would add though - that he does threaten to look like a good player. I left VP on many occasions thinking - "on another day Ayew would have had 4 goals" - but then I just kept saying it that often I realised it wasn't ever going to happen.

Looks like we got the good end of this deal with Taylor looking much better than I expected. 

6 hours ago, hippo said:

about this.

I would add though - that he does threaten to look like a good player. I left VP on many occasions thinking - "on another day Ayew would have had 4 goals" - but then I just kept saying it that often I realised it wasn't ever going to happen.

Looks like we got the good end of this deal with Taylor looking much better than I expected. 

Pretty much where I was by the end. 

I think he has genuine ability, but much like that other lad we send to Boro, whether he will put it all together is another matter. His finishing really is shocking. 

8 hours ago, hippo said:

about this.

This in a nutshell.

I then came to realise that even if Ayew was playing with us in league 2 I would probably be saying the same thing. He is just a wasteful, eratic player, regardless of the level of opposition, the amount of chances he gets, the more lax the defending and the length of time and space he has. He makes bad decisions, whether it's not passing when he should, not shooting when he should, the choice of shot he chose.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm. 7 appearances for Swansea and no goals.  We are well rid, we have a long history of strikers who don't score goals he is just another for that unfortunate list. 

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hmmm. 7 appearances for Swansea and no goals.  We are well rid, we have a long history of strikers who don't score goals he is just another for that unfortunate list. 

Shows how poor our recruitment was that season. Between Adama, Rudy and ayew they have one goal snd obey flukes assist between them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thunderball said:

Could well be back in Championship next season. We may meet again (if he gets a game)

Or he could have his arse in his hands for months about the resulting drop in his wages as part of a contract he agreed. (Again)

Â