Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How can you have a pre signing medical before you enter a tournament? You pay 12m then he breaks his leg and out for a year before you kicked a ball!

I've explained that above. 

If he broke his leg, obviously he wouldn't move. 

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Nah, medicals don't really work like that. They look at bone structure, joints, spine alignment etc, for long term issues. Not so much muscle. They'll know if he's torn his ACL when he arrives in a wheelchair!

The ITK medical guy has been absolutely spot on with everything so far. He's legit I assure you. So if he says Ayew had a medical, he had a medical. Along with Tony's tweet that there will be outgoings (and there should be), I think we might not see him again. 

Edit - They obviously do look for muscle problems, but if we were to agree a deal while he's away it's easy enough to fly somebody out to give him a quick check up, rather than a full on 3/4 hour medical with all the relevant gear. In Africa. 

OK that makes a little more sense, I still think that there are things that could easily happen while he's out there that wouldn't be immediately clear without another medical though, but I don't really know how these things work so I'll trust the experts! 

Get rid, I'd love to know what paddy Reilly used to scout him, given it was all stat based money ball bollocks that brought him here

"must have excellent ball control, until finding an opposing player then shinning the ball out for a throw in, then standing with hands on hips looking like he's dogs just been put down"

• Like 2

I dislike Ayew and wouldn't be bothered if we got rid in this window.

That said, I genuinely think with Lansbury and Hourihane now in midfield, Ayew and Grealish will really benefit.

I'm not holding out hope, but maybe, just maybe, we'll see the best of him now. 

1 hour ago, weedman said:

OK that makes a little more sense, I still think that there are things that could easily happen while he's out there that wouldn't be immediately clear without another medical though, but I don't really know how these things work so I'll trust the experts! 

They're mostly for insurance purposes, I believe. I don't know what the statute of limitations on a medical would be, but I imagine developing something like arthritis within a month of him leaving is unlikely! 

They would still fly a doctor over to check he doesn't have any fresh muscle injuries. They're pretty easy to diagnose just by feel. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Didn't we sign downing while he was on crutches?

As others have said, the medical will be more than just his current state. 

We did and it took him quite a while to make it on to the pitch. Downing, Young and Milner all interchanging in midfield was a joy to watch, just a shame that it was short lived

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

Â