Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

If Ayew had taken all the penalties this season, he'd have scored more than Kodjia. Just saying, that does skew things a bit. I think it's also a bit harsh as half of Ayew's game were in a crap team at a higher level.

Gotta point out when something is not actually true however good it sounds. Kodjia has scored 3 penalties IIRC. Gestede got one and Ayew got one, so if there was a 4 goal swing to Ayew and Kodjia lost 3 he would actually draw level with him on 6 and that's with nicking one off Gestede too. Overall in the league that's 3 out of 9 for Kodjia and 2 out of 9 for Ayew so penalties really don't skew it at all for me.

Ok fair point about the higher/lower level only he actually did better last year than this. So it's best to consider them from a pro Ayew POV.

9 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Gotta point out when something is not actually true however good it sounds. Kodjia has scored 3 penalties IIRC. Gestede got one and Ayew got one, so if there was a 4 goal swing to Ayew and Kodjia lost 3 he would actually draw level with him on 6 and that's with nicking one off Gestede too. Overall in the league that's 3 out of 9 for Kodjia and 2 out of 9 for Ayew so penalties really don't skew it at all for me.

Ok fair point about the higher/lower level only he actually did better last year than this. So it's best to consider them from a pro Ayew POV.

Kodjia missed one too, Ayew's never missed in his career. But it's not even then point. Was Ashley Young shit for Villa because he didn't score as many as Gabby in the MON years? I don't see why Ayew's being treated this season as if he's a striker. He's a midfielder. His assists, key passes, etc have shown he's done good in a midfield role. His off the ball work shows he's done well in a midfield role. He's played in a midfield role.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Nothing wrong with debating non-Villa players, otherwise "other football" would be a bit pointless.

I know we have a lot of ex players but there is still plenty of 'other football' not related to them. 

I guess I'd just rather focus on the players at the club.

As you were...

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

He will do well at Swansea, and we will continue to be shit.  

Doubt it. They do have Sigurdsson who is one of the better playmakers in the league, but Ayew will piss off the fans a lot. Ayew will want to dictate the tempo and that is Sigurdsson's job. I could see this failing. Plus Llorente has been doing decently, so I'd imagine Ayew as brought in to play wing. 

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes me too, and we have had such a big turnover of players in the last 18 months, Ayew is just another ex player that means nothing to me.

I can't think of a team in that period that have churned so many players? We've had 4 completely different squads in about 2 years!

Edited by Xela

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Still waiting 

Yes it is, he was going to score loads and prove us doubters wrong. Remember?

To be fair hasn't  been given a chance yet. I don't expect him to score many mind you

Â