Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Is he a striker or a winger?

I really still do not know what his best position is out wide he always seems to be too far from goal to make an impact unless he can cut in on his right and have a pop up front he doesn't play far up the pitch enough and drops deep far to often

I'd like to see him play off the shoulder a lot more

Edited by AshVilla

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Everything he does is just off the cuff, sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. There is no great thought or intelligence behind anything he does.

Seriously guys, he isn't that great. Should still get double figures though.

Pretty much.

At times he was ripping past them like it was me playing PES but his end product and decision making wasn't good enough.

Probably the most frustrating player in the entire team but the most naturally gifted too.

Needs to be played as a Striker and not out wide as he clearly has no intention to do the tracking back etc (that's not his game, so fair enough). There will definitely be moments of brilliance from him this season, I am just concerned about the consistency and decision making.

I don't know where he fits in. Isn't good enough for a striker role IMO, out wide he won't track back as much which is a must in the modern day and we don't play with a "10". Shows glimpses of quality but is abysmal when it comes to decision making which starves out attack time and time again McCormack was free but he chose to ignore him or didn't have his head up. I'm not saying I want him to leave before people think this, it's just that I am not convinced he "fits" that's all. If anything it highlights just how unbalanced the squad is currently. 

• Like 2

Could have put McCormack in twice and didn't. Just play him up front and pass the ball instead of using Gestede.

Ayew
Grealish / McCormack / Bacuna (or Adama?)
Tish / Jedinak

Two solid CMs and let the front 4 run riot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

For all his ability his final ball/decision, is poor.Wont get enough goals, not sure he is going to be as good as some seem to think.

Really like the look of Green though.Only 18, but always looks for the right ball, a proper team player.

always about opinions but nothing I've seen from Green makes me think he'll even be 48.75 % of the player Ayew is

I'm not writing him off , he is a youngster after all , I'm just going from what I've seen

I really think it's nigh on impossible to look good alongside Gestede, and moving Ayew out to the wing is just a waste of talent.  The promising thing is how he managed to glide past players several times, if we can get Adama and Amavi flying down the wings they could tear teams apart.  Ayew needs to play up front where he can do proper damage.

If his attitude doesn't improve then I'd very tempted to sell. I don't care what talent a player may or may not have if they constantly ignore their team mates. Greedy, selfish players are not what we need. Despite the fact he may be good for the odd goal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

If his attitude doesn't improve then I'd very tempted to sell. I don't care what talent a player may or may not have if they constantly ignore their team mates. Greedy, selfish players are not what we need. Despite the fact he may be good for the odd goal.

Very much this.

He plays like that one kid at school that was quite good but never ever passed to anyone.

Unfortunatly i can only see his onfield sulks becoming more frequent and spilling over to off field ones

• Like 1

Â