Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Hopefully he stays, as he is without doubt one of our best and most talented players, the only problem I have with Ayew is that I have no idea what his strongest position is, he is not a proper striker, nor a creative midfielder nor a winger. Hopefully RDM finds his most effective position quickly, as I feel that if we are to have any chance at all to promotion, then he will be a key player.

1 hour ago, Cridontour said:

There are certain teams that if they seriously bid might force Xia to back track on his obvious intent of keeping Ayew......... WBA is not one of them!

I get the feeling that Xia is bloody-minded, and he won't sell if he does not want to, provided there is no release clause. Xia is different to any owner we have had - he is enthusiastic, volatile and fiercely defensive about his club. If players try to force an exit, I suspect Xia will let them rot rather than give way to them.

• Like 1

If he were to go, can we stop this £6m - £8m nonsense - he's at least the player his brother is and whilst I absolutely want to keep him, if he were to go I think we'd be well with our rights to be looking for £20m in the current climate.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If he were to go, can we stop this £6m - £8m nonsense - he's at least the player his brother is and whilst I absolutely want to keep him, if he were to go I think we'd be well with our rights to be looking for £20m in the current climate.

Agreed but even in todays market £20m for A Ayew is obscene!

1 hour ago, NASTY_LEE said:

Do you really think the Doc would risk the wrath by selling to them? PR disaster for him - sell after saying he would stay and to a local rival. Errr, no. 

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even no who WBA were until they got took over the other day :D

56 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely. 

I'd take £20m for him... I think he is slightly overrated by a few on here on the basis he was one of a handful of players to actually look like he gave a shit last season. 

Don't get me wrong, he a decent player but not accepting £20m? 

[Image: 2fGClZz.gif]

• Like 1

Â