Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd take £20m for him... I think he is slightly overrated by a few on here on the basis he was one of a handful of players to actually look like he gave a shit last season. 

Don't get me wrong, he a decent player but not accepting £20m? 

[Image: 2fGClZz.gif]

I agree. He's the one most of all I would like to keep but if the money is right I see no reason not to let him go. Wouldn't be THAT hard to replace.  Our performances last year were obsolutey horrible,  beyond words to describe and being the best of that lot is nothing to shout about. 

I said all along there is not one single player I would be sad to see go. Prefer to keep but if the money is right see ya later and we move on. . £20M would certainly buy a lot in this league especially if Xia can add to it, might get another McCormack quality striker and a similar standard attacking midfielder for that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

our owner has a lot of money. we don't need more to buy players. what we do need is to keep our best players and get promoted, which is far more lucrative than a paltry £20m

Well, perhaps, but we don't know for sure. We spent £12m on McCormack pretty much as soon as we received £12m from Gana and Clark. I'm not saying its sell to buy as we have spent more money than received but £20m for Ayew, could buy a £10m midfielder and another £10m winger/striker.  I don't think we have unlimited funds 

Sell him and we won't replace him with better, as players as good as Ayew don't join Championship teams. If we needed the money it might be different but seemingly the club have made plans to bring in players without selling him. It's not just about the player either, it's the message that keeping him (and Amavi hopefully) would send out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Well, perhaps, but we don't know for sure. We spent £12m on McCormack pretty much as soon as we received £12m from Gana and Clark. I'm not saying its sell to buy as we have spent more money than received but £20m for Ayew, could buy a £10m midfielder and another £10m winger/striker.  I don't think we have unlimited funds 

After we spent £12m on 3 players the week before. We also might not have unlimited funds, but then unlimited funds doesn't mean you're guaranteed to buy better players. I'm pretty sure we at least have enough to buy the best we can get to join us at the moment and that is all we need.

Edited by a m ole

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No way Tony is going to sell to his new compatriot neighbour.

This. 

He wont want to appear less rich or powerful than his new compatriot.

9 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I'd take £20m in a heartbeat now we have McCormack. That money could easily be used to buy a midfielder that can actually tackle and score a few goals

You could sign the very best of the championship for a similar price. If he goes, we could bring in someone to replace him who's more proven and battle hardened to the championship. 

People said it in may and I'll still say it now, I wouldn't be too bothered about any single member of last season's squad leaving. One of them leaving for more than we sold Ashley Young for? Madness

• Like 1

I really dont buy the hype. flashes of brilliance ruined by stupidity, had one of our best chances and made a balls of it

also left Cissokho ridiculously exposed and not 1st time he not up for tracking back

• Like 1

Â