Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Just now, villan_007 said:

Have we not learnt anything from the delph fiasco!! Why bother making a big song and dance about him staying if they know there's a chance he'll be off.

We can't stop teams making bids and for all we know he is staying. 

If someone offers silly money I won't have a problem if we sell tbh - he's no Christian Benteke.

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Agreed sounds very much like his agent angling for a move which has pretty much been happening all summer. For the right money I be fine with him going.

I mentioned in the Transfer Thread that Ayew has similar form to Wijnaldum - both scored 1 in 4 although Ayew did it in a team that was considerably worse than Newcastle. If Wijnaldum went for £25m then bids need to be coming in of £20m and above for Ayew. Otherwise we have no need or desire to sell.

• Like 1

He wont be upgraded on at this level. seems utterly pointless selling him to sign another player to fill his role. Ill be very dissapointed if thats the case with our finances (i dont think it is though)

Edited by gharperr

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Agreed sounds very much like his agent angling for a move which has pretty much been happening all summer. For the right money I be fine with him going.

More so than the money would be the timeframe. It would be suicide to lose him towards the end of the window. If hes to be sold its now.

In saying that TBH id rather hold onto him, we need a BIT of stability from last season to help settle the new players.

Letting our best players go would strike me as being counter productive.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Define "the club"? There's nobody left from that time except us and we have very little influence over the above. 

Yes, but someone in there has said post this quote from RDM saying he is staying,  make a big thing of it. Then this. Granted it could be media rubbish, but as a few have said it trickles back to his agent.

Just now, villan_007 said:

Yes, but someone in there has said post this quote from RDM saying he is staying,  make a big thing of it. Then this. Granted it could be media rubbish, but as a few have said it trickles back to his agent.

Ok. I was just trying to figure out who you were angry at!

So RDM should have learned from the Delph fiasco?

Regardless, Ayew have gone anywhere, yet. So they deserve the benefit of the doubt IMO.

2 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Last time I checked though his agent doesn't have the final say so that doesn't make what Big T or RDM have said incorrect.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ok. I was just trying to figure out who you were angry at!

So RDM should have learned from the Delph fiasco?

Regardless, Ayew have gone anywhere, yet. So they deserve the benefit of the doubt IMO.

No RDM doesn't create pictures of himself and put his quotes on. Someone has though. I'm angry at that mystery person.

I hope you're right, and I've peaked too early with my criticism.

If he goes it needs to be £20m+, providing that there's no clause. With the probable signing of McCormack and us still being linked with an additional striker I did wonder if Ayew might escape. He or anyone can say what they like, but if a Premier team comes in for him, especially one that probably won't be in a relegation battle then he'd probably leave.

7 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

No RDM doesn't create pictures of himself and put his quotes on. Someone has though. I'm angry at that mystery person.

I hope you're right, and I've peaked too early with my criticism.

Do we have the same PR department as back then? I find that doubtful, that's all.

• Like 1

Â