Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I didn't think ayew was good yesterday. Moments of brilliance but all few and far between for me.

Imo, he creates an imbalance in the team. What is his position? because he's not a winger and he's not a striker for me. 

It was like he was forced into the team just because it's jordan ayew. 

I really wouldn't be bothered if he left for what will no doubt be a ridiculous fee.

Yeah I thought that yyesterday. He really did seemed to just be put on the pitch without a real plan. 

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I didn't think ayew was good yesterday. Moments of brilliance but all few and far between for me.

Imo, he creates an imbalance in the team. What is his position? because he's not a winger and he's not a striker for me. 

I really wouldn't be bothered if he left for what will no doubt be a ridiculous fee.

Is actually a decent point worth considering. 

On the flip side, he is overpowered for this league and I'd like to us try to incorporate such a prodigious talent into the team, for our own betterment. At least I'd give it more than 90 minutes. 

I think he's an outside forward. He's a so called "luxury" player also who will be of more use when we have a bit more consistency and steel in midfield. 

I'd sell him for £15-20m for what it's worth, but it would be hard to let him go. 

15 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Yup, exactly what I said. I have no idea where he fits in. Isn't good enough for a striker role, doesn't track back as a winger and equally we don't play with a 10.

A good option to have in the squad but honestly if we were to get 2 out and out wingers who are dynamic at both ends of the pitch it would be a huge upgrade.

We need someone like Antonio at West Ham. Pretty sure they signed him from Forest too so there must be some equally good ones in this league.

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Second striker or wide striker.  Not a centre forward or winger.  Simples.

What's the difference between a centre forward, a second striker or a wide striker? Also what's the difference between a winger and a wide striker? I think the point you are trying to make is that he's a striker and not a winger but I'm not sure. Football's not that complicated a game.

He's not a wide midfielder that should hug the touch line.  He also shouldn't lead the line and be the focal point of attack, he should be just behind or wide of that person supporting them imo.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

for me he is an "inside forward".....but thats just my age

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Richard said:

I thought he showed power and pace and also ball retention that once he is up to speed with the team (and better team mates) will be match winning for us.  At times the defenders could not handle him.

I like him Rich, but I do understand what some are saying.

I like his quick feet and ball control.....but I do think he will look better in a more balanced and complete side.

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

What's the difference between a centre forward, a second striker or a wide striker? Also what's the difference between a winger and a wide striker? I think the point you are trying to make is that he's a striker and not a winger but I'm not sure. Football's not that complicated a game.

Centre forward is more of your classic #9 or a big man. I suppose in terms of Villa, that's Gestede/Kozak. Second Striker is generally someone who sits off a striker and has a bit of creativity about him. Doesn't put as much midfield work in as a typical #10, but is more of a goal threat. For us, that would be McCormack. Wide striker/Inside forward is someone who plays wide, but isn't your drive down the line and cross it type winger, but cuts inside more - a bit like Del Piero in his prime from the left. That's more or less what Ayew is for me.

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Formations are not complicated 'on paper', they're just numbers, but systems can be. Unless you're Harry Redknapp.

A winger traditionally hugs the touchline and is also charged with protecting the full back. A wide forward plays more of a free role, often cutting inside. Shooting often. Something a winger doesn't really do an awful lot of. Like a striker a wide forward generally plies his trade in the final third of the pitch and would be reliant on the midfield to cover the opposing full back. 

4-4-2 = winger 

4-3-3 = wide forward(s)

4-2-3-1 = something in between! 

Of course, you can balance a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 by having the opposite wide forward drop into the midfield space and the rest of the midfield nudging over to cover the attacking wide forward, creating a sort of unbalanced 4-4-2, in which case also granting the opposite full back the opportunity to overlap. 

A failing yesterday was that this didn't happen. When Ayew attacked, nobody dropped back and Hutton didn't step up, leaving the midfield stretched and Cissokho desperately exposed. Considering, I thought Aly (and the rest of the defence) did a grand job. He looked **** knackered. 

In short, I'm struggling to explain how it works! I might even be talking absolute bollocks. So yeah, football is a complicated game! 

If West Ham want to sign a greedy, selfish, disinterested player like Jordan Ayew then good riddance. I suspect he won't last long there given the options they have. At least we can sign a player who will pass the ball to his teammates. Now we know why he was trying to grab the headlines yesterday, so that the deal would go through. Get rid!

Edited by One For The Road

The article in the Mail is rubbish and demonstrates that West Ham are in no way 'closing in' on Jordan Ayew. It's not even an article, just a snippet in their own gossip section.

There's no quotes, no price mentioned, no reference to the fact that both the Dr. and RDM have said he's going nowhere. They've simply concocted a story that Jordan Ayew won't be going to West Brom because he's on his way to West Ham. Written by Baggies fan, Joseph Chapman.

Load of old shit.

• Like 1

Â