Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

1 minute ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

I'm constantly worried it's another Delph situation

I wouldnt worry about that tbh. He has no clause in his contract so if the terms dont suit he will be going nowhere.

Need to show him some love. I think this would be a great chant for him.

Na Na Na Na
Na Na Na Na
A-A-Ayew (loud)
Villa lion

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Yesterday's performance was exactly why I've been saying all summer he should be playing as striker, it's what I saw last season. He doesn't like passing, but can beat a man with ease. He should be beating someone 20 yards from goal and being able to get a shot off or run in on keeper, beating someone time and time again 50 yards from goal doesn't have any affect.

I think Ayew is the sort of player that needs to be told not to stay in position. Let him wonder the pitch like Young did for us in that brief stint under Houllier I think? I would play effectively a 4-4-1-1 come 4-2-3-1 with him in the team. Sit him in front of 2 good CM's and tell him to go where he wants, run the channels, be the link between midfield and attack. Get him to release the ball at the right time too, some of those runs and moments yesterday were brilliant but you'd have to cut them short on a highlight reel cos they all ended in shots wide, balls going out of play and him losing possession. 

Frustrating to see such a talent on the ball not knowing when to give that ball up. 

15 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Get him to release the ball at the right time too, some of those runs and moments yesterday were brilliant but you'd have to cut them short on a highlight reel cos they all ended in shots wide, balls going out of play and him losing possession. Frustrating to see such a talent on the ball not knowing when to give that ball up. 

This bit of your post really sums him up for me, very good in possession but often unsure what to do with it - I personally see him as a number 10 but he needs to work on his distribution and link up play. Still think he will do well this year when he learns play with McCormack etc.

Edited by Gary Thomas

7 hours ago, useless said:

I can't believe people are advocating selling him, especially after yesterday. Our most dangerous player and set up five chances.

5 chances? i must have missed all of them, he made a balls of 2 of our best chances

I thought he was ordinary yesterday, McCormack made some good runs yesterday in behind and across the centre backs, twice Ayew picked out the defender and the rest of the time he didn't even see the runs.  Not a number 10 for me, I would take the £20m and play Jack in as a number 10.

What I will say is that he does commit players and we really do lack players who beat their man.  Our full backs cannot play a 4-2-3-1 if they and the forward three keep turning back on themselves.  

We don't need wingers, we need players confident enough to go at players.

14 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I still think he is massively over rated, as unpopular as that view might be.

I agree. Think he is selfish, lacks vision and releases the ball too late to be effective. His poor distribution exposed us in the Boro friendly, he didn't track back to support Cissokho properly on Sunday and not convinced he is up for the fight in tier 2. 

He is overrated but unfortunately.. we have to like our best player.. and last season.. he was it. 

Hopefully McCormack... and maybe Amavi and Traore if they can stay fit can over take that mantle. Plus any new signings. 

Btw.. we wont be selling him.. but will a loan count? still technically ours. 

Â