Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Thought he did a decent job. Looks a class above at this level. His near post shot was selfish and lazy, but he did some fantastic runs and played the ball nicely for the most part. As for questioning his attitude, I don't recall seeing many forward shepherd the ball out for goal kicks multiple times a game - definitely put a shift in IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Thought he did a decent job. Looks a class above at this level. His near post shot was selfish and lazy, but he did some fantastic runs and played the ball nicely for the most part. As for questioning his attitude, I don't recall seeing many forward shepherd the ball out for goal kicks multiple times a game - definitely put a shift in IMO.

Agreed, I thought he looked a real threat today and put in a lot of effort.

If he's up for it great, if not I wouldnt shed a tear if he leaves. I quite fancy an orthodox winger and another top drawer forward would make us forget him quick enough.

cant stand it if he feels he's bigger than the club though, he can go before the window closes if that's the case.

Edited by thunderball

It's funny how people see performances from players during a game. Westwood and Bacuna getting some real criticism and people talking positives about Ayew. I thought Ayew was shit today 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

It's funny how people see performances from players during a game. Westwood and Bacuna getting some real criticism and people talking positives about Ayew. I thought Ayew was shit today 

As a man being asked to defend ( presumably by his manager ) he was

as an attacking threat he was fairly decent , once we get him linking up with some like minded players and not asking him to track back and cover the out of position left back , I think we'll see even more out of him 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KHV said:

It seems you thought everyone was shit today @KHV :P

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

As a man being asked to defend ( presumably by his manager ) he was

as an attacking threat he was fairly decent , once we get him linking up with some like minded players and not asking him to track back and cover the out of position left back , I think we'll see even more out of him 

nail on the head

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It seems you thought everyone was shit today @KHV :P

I for one am shocked at this revelation. 

Anyway, Ayew showed some excellent glimpses of ability in the game but like the squad, he needs to build his confidence back up. A couple of goals and wins and he could destroy this division. 

His problem was the rest of the midfield were just hitting it long to Gestede and it was bouncing back.  This then meant he largely had to run it upfield by himself for us to get anywhere close to the final third, and now he gets called greedy and selfish for it, and lazy for not tracking back every time.  That's just not his game, he shouldn't be doing that if we are going to be effective.  He should be up top.

Edited by sharkyvilla

8 hours ago, KHV said:

I actually agree...I didn't see the drive and passion i that i saw at the back end of last season. I saw a player who was in a sulk about playing left wing when he wanted to be CF.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with his attitude yesterday? Looked good and worked hard, just terrible decision making. As everyone can see, he has to play up top over the useless and abysmal Gestede.

9 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Dribbling with the ball at his feet definitely made him look a level above in terms of control, pace and strength, it was like watching someone playing a Playstation game. But his passing and decision making left a lot to be desired. 

I really do not think left midfield is his position. He should be a second striker off McCormack. That way he can drop deep and make things happen and roam on the flanks if he wishes to.

• Like 4

I think what we saw was a typical Ayew performance.  There is a lot of hype surrounding this fella. He has some real quality about him, but as we saw yesterday, he can also be poor in other areas.  He really needs to make better decisions.   He often does the hard work but then throws it away with a poor pass or because he is trying to do it all on his own.  Hopefully, having better players around him will encourage him to pass more.  He could be a great player for us, he is not there yet

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Dribbling with the ball at his feet definitely made him look a level above in terms of control, pace and strength, it was like watching someone playing a Playstation game. But his passing and decision making left a lot to be desired. 

I really do not think left midfield is his position. He should be a second striker off McCormack. That way he can drop deep and make things happen and roam on the flanks if he wishes to.

I agree. If we must play in on the flanks I would have him on the right - I always remember that game against Blues when he did very well out there -

He looked a class above virtually everyone else yesterday when he ran with the ball but I don't think he worked especially hard nor did he look like he wanted to be there. I know he typically plays with a scowl on his face but last season his work rate was fantastic. Didn't see that yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if he left tbh.

I didn't think ayew was good yesterday. Moments of brilliance but all few and far between for me.

Imo, he creates an imbalance in the team. What is his position? because he's not a winger and he's not a striker for me. 

It was like he was forced into the team just because it's jordan ayew. 

I really wouldn't be bothered if he left for what will no doubt be a ridiculous fee.

Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 1

Â