Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

2 minutes ago, useless said:

He or anyone can say what they like, but if a Premier team comes in for him, especially one that probably won't be in a relegation battle then he'd probably leave.

Why?  IF there is no release clause then he only leaves if Xia agrees to a deal that suits us.

As much as I'd like him to stay, both because I think he's a good player and because of the message it sends, if he's adamant that he wants to leave (not that we know if he does) then the club will probably just say, ah salute, and let Di Matteo use the money. Hopefully he stay though.

6 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

yeah maybe he'll line-up alongside James Rodriguez and Carlos Bacca aswell, two other strong The Sun & West Ham Links -_-

Westham owners come across as being like Doug Ellis to me.  Putting in all these offers for strikers where they have no realistic chance of getting either because they offer to little or because the players are to good to even consider going to them.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Westham owners come across as being like Doug Ellis to me.  Putting in all these offers for strikers where they have no realistic chance of getting either because they offer to little or because the players are to good to even consider going to them.

It's looked that way this summer, they've been linked with so many strikers, most out of their reach. They did it at Blues frequently didn't they?

The reality of the situation is he CANT go for a penny less than we paid for McCormack. 

If someone offers 15m+ for him i'm happy for him to go. Anything less and we look like mugs. 

no chance should we be selling ayew. him and mccormack could make  a very lethal partnership in this league. ayew needs a creator next to him something mccormack is and rudy isnt.

i would play the pair of them against wednesday. 

I'll be more surprised if he stayed than if he left. Clark shows it wasnt entirely true that "Gana is the only one" when it comes to release clauses for one, but ultimately if the player doesnt want to be here then there's little point in keeping them. (Anyone remember Yorke's last game?) Not that I want him to go, I'd love to think we could build a squad that could afford us the luxury of actually seeing where his best position is without being our only creative outlet.

Everyone has their price.  I'm not surprised if there is real interest in Ayew, I think he'd fit in a lot of places in the Prem, even Arsenal (as a squad option, not main striker before anyone has a pop).  We shouldn't sell on the cheap though.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

If he throws a strop then Tony should make an example of him, we don't need the money, but we do need loyalty - however it is earned!

Edited by Nigel

Will be interesting to see where he fits in with McCormack - both like to drop deep and how many times have we seen Villa with so few players in the box it's almost criminal.

I would love nothing more than to see them tear it up but if he ends up being sold for good money and we have Kodjia or Bamford playing ahead of McCormack I won't be crying into my pillow.

• Like 3

Â