Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

1 hour ago, sne said:

Regardless of what Xia says, I would be surprised if he is still here when the window closes.

Kinda feel the same. I feel he is replaceable, especially at the right price. 

Getting McCormack in shows we have pull in the market, plus not convinced yet that he is a "team player".

• Like 1

I think Xia has painted himself into a bit of a corner by almost daily repeating the fact Ayew is going nowhere.  The one scenario that worries me is West Ham and the possibility of teaming up with his brother.  That's a special case that you can't normally legislate for.  That could more than likely turn his head and make it difficult to keep him here.  Toys and pram be damned etc. Then the subsequent fallout for Tony as everyone goes on the attack.

If west ham were to offer the right money for jordan ayew they can have him in my opinion..much better options out there.

I could never see what all the fuss is about him..in my eyes he is a very selfish player and rarely has an end product to his pitch endeavours,just my 2 cents.

I'm not sure if it's just me but I don't rate or like the bloke.

Met him in The Cube one night and he was a bit of a d**k and whenever I see him on the pitch he looks OKAY but his attitude when he loses the ball just stinks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I'm not sure if it's just me but I don't rate or like the bloke.

Met him in The Cube one night and he was a bit of a d**k and whenever I see him on the pitch he looks OKAY but his attitude when he loses the ball just stinks.

Why what he do?

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why what he do?

He was standing with a friend waiting for a table to become available in Rodizio Rico - a pretty casual place so I thought I could ask for a picture or an autograph. I said hello and told him that I was a huge Villa fan and asked if I could have a photo with him. He sort of rolled his eyes and turned his back on me, spoke to his friend in French and turned back to me sniggering and said "okay". Didn't smile in the photo and when I said thanks and shook his hand he didn't reply.

Could be a language barrier thing but it just didn't go down well.

9 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

He was standing with a friend waiting for a table to become available in Rodizio Rico - a pretty casual place so I thought I could ask for a picture or an autograph. I said hello and told him that I was a huge Villa fan and asked if I could have a photo with him. He sort of rolled his eyes and turned his back on me, spoke to his friend in French and turned back to me sniggering and said "okay". Didn't smile in the photo and when I said thanks and shook his hand he didn't reply.

I met Mustafa Hadji in Miss Moneypenny's circa 2000. He couldn't have been any more friendly or accommodating. 

Sasa Curic was a bit moody in Stoodi Bakers in 1997.

A friend of mine met Steven Froggatt in the Dome II of all places 1994. He was also apparently a nice chap.

Ayew sounds like a bit a div. Still, if he bangs them in every week, he could treat me how he likes.

10 minutes ago, Agbonla-score said:

I met Mustafa Hadji in Miss Moneypenny's circa 2000. He couldn't have been any more friendly or accommodating. 

Sasa Curic was a bit moody in Stoodi Bakers in 1997.

A friend of mine met Steven Froggatt in the Dome II of all places 1994. He was also apparently a nice chap.

Ayew sounds like a bit a div. Still, if he bangs them in every week, he could treat me how he likes.

That takes me back to my Brummy club days, I must have been in almost every (decent) club in Birningham during the 90's and early 00's. Never once saw a footballer out though. 

Ayew does look a moody word removed though, he probably doesn't see that he should have to bother if he's not 'working'. Wrong attitude but that's not what I'll judge him on. 

51 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Ive met a few footballer. I met a load of Arsenal players at a party years ago when the likes of sagna, clichy, eboue etc played for them. All were such great people. The nicest bloke was kolo toure. Never met a footballer so down to earth in my life. Top bloke. 

Sagna had abit of language barrier so it can across being rude but you got to remember sometimes it can get frustrating 24/7 photos, I have seen it and it would drive me abit mad. 

55 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

That story sounds exactly like I imagined he would be. I really dislike the guy and don't rate him one bit. The selfish ****. 

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Ive met a few footballer. I met a load of Arsenal players at a party years ago when the likes of sagna, clichy, eboue etc played for them. All were such great people. The nicest bloke was kolo toure. Never met a footballer so down to earth in my life. Top bloke. 

Sagna had abit of language barrier so it can across being rude but you got to remember sometimes it can get frustrating 24/7 photos, I have seen it and it would drive me abit mad. 

Met a few in the last 12 months - Cissokho, Martin Keown, N'Zogbia, Joe Cole, worked occasionally with McSheffrey and Craig Reid as well as the above and Ayew is the only one that came across as a d*ck. 

8 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Met a few in the last 12 months - Cissokho, Martin Keown, N'Zogbia, Joe Cole, worked occasionally with McSheffrey and Craig Reid as well as the above and Ayew is the only one that came across as a d*ck. 

Can we enquire how that meeting went? 

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Can we enquire how that meeting went? 

Met him a few times. Quite polite, very hardworking, terrible dress sense.

I actually posted in his thread that he brought tickets to Villa games for some of the staff a few times too.

16 hours ago, BOF said:

I think Xia has painted himself into a bit of a corner by almost daily repeating the fact Ayew is going nowhere.  The one scenario that worries me is West Ham and the possibility of teaming up with his brother.  That's a special case that you can't normally legislate for.  That could more than likely turn his head and make it difficult to keep him here.  Toys and pram be damned etc. Then the subsequent fallout for Tony as everyone goes on the attack.

West Ham must have a dozen options for the 3 in the 4-2-3-1 formation Bilic favours, and both Ayews would be competing for the same spot on the right of the three. In other words he wouldn't be 'teaming up' with his brother, so much as 'entering a zero sum competition for a space' with his brother, which is probably a lot less appealing. 

I don't see anything at all in this West Ham link. He may of course go somewhere else though. 

He is what he is. He looks to be a miserable git with the cares of the world on his shoulders.

But I don't care. I don't need him to be a nice guy. He is not my mate. He plays for the club I love. If he does that to my satisfaction, that is all I really ask.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

West Ham must have a dozen options for the 3 in the 4-2-3-1 formation Bilic favours, and both Ayews would be competing for the same spot on the right of the three. In other words he wouldn't be 'teaming up' with his brother, so much as 'entering a zero sum competition for a space' with his brother, which is probably a lot less appealing. 

I don't see anything at all in this West Ham link. He may of course go somewhere else though. 

Â