Mark Bunn

villan_007

Whenever I've seen him get a game for other clubs in the past I've always thought he looked a good keeper. Great shot stopper and as Remi said, he brings calm to the back-line, rather than the panic attacks that Guzan brings with his edginess.

17 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Having seen the goal again, I'm not sure why he was so far off his line, I don't think it was necessary, however for me, Lescott's 'reaction' more than overshadows Bunn's role. 

Although I think Bunn's positioning was poor, he at least made a very good recovery, whilst Lescott was standing still hands on hips. 

Bunn's positioning is spot on.  Every goalkeeper in the world starts in an "advanced" position so that they can react to potential through balls etc. and come out to claim them.  Starting on the line gives the attacker even further advantage.

Sometimes players just produce brilliant moments.  Charlie Adam vs. Courtois, Vardy vs. Bunn (albeit to a lesser extent).  The mistake was Lescott ball watching and not bothering to track Okazaki at all.

The save from Bunn was superb from a superb effort by Vardy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

another solid display today, nothing to do shot wise but he caught crosses that Guzan would have easily spilled 

He dropped one that he should have held and it caused all sorts of problems.

3 hours ago, Texas_Mike said:

He dropped one that he should have held and it caused all sorts of problems.

This argument is just so silly, I'm sorry. Bunn also made a real mess of Vardy's shot last week which result in Okazaki scoring. If you're going to bash Guzan, at least back it up with facts other than just he did this one thing this one time that was sort of bad. 

It's not like he's been forced into making a save recently is it?

Maybe credit could be given to his marshalling of the defence though - he certainly hasn't been called into action as much as when Guzan is in goal and we appear to be more defensively sound (for a club rooted to the bottom of the table!)

Keep him as No.1 for the time being.

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

This argument is just so silly, I'm sorry. Bunn also made a real mess of Vardy's shot last week which result in Okazaki scoring. If you're going to bash Guzan, at least back it up with facts other than just he did this one thing this one time that was sort of bad. 

No he didnt

• Like 3

Bunn is definitely a better choice than Guzan at the minute, I wish he had started the season because we would have had at least 5-6 more points at this stage. Guzans choke against Leicester particularly stands out where he managed to get beaten to the ball by a 5 foot 4 Nathan dyer which completely knocked the stuffing out of us at the time.

• Like 1

I'm not that convinced, he dropped a cross that nearly put us in the shit. 

One things for sure, he gives the backline more confidence than Guzan, and in turn that's having a positive impact on our defensive play, but Bunn ain't the long term answer.

When i looked at the replay it looked like Jonas Olsson put a hand in his face just after he grabbed the ball, and that's why he dropped it

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

His positioning was fine. It was just a great lob. Sometimes strikers do things that keepers can't do anything about. 

• Like 1

How many shots has he actually faced in his 5 or so league games?

Palace I think had one shot on target and that was a grasscutter, yesterday was nothing and even Leicester barely had a shot aside from the goal and penalty.

Don't get me wrong he's doing fine for a back up but what's the reason for teams barely having shots on goal since he's come in, it's not like we're facing that poor teams atm as they're all higher placed than what Norwich and Sunderland were.

Is he a better vocal organiser than Guzan so that the defence is taking up better positions to nulify the opposition, is it Okore? 

How many shots has he actually faced in his 5 or so league games?

Palace I think had one shot on target and that was a grasscutter, yesterday was nothing and even Leicester barely had a shot aside from the goal and penalty.

Don't get me wrong he's doing fine for a back up but what's the reason for teams barely having shots on goal since he's come in, it's not like we're facing that poor teams atm as they're all higher placed than what Norwich and Sunderland were.

Is he a better vocal organiser than Guzan so that the defence is taking up better positions to nulify the opposition, is it Okore? 

Could be as simple as the CBs have a bit of faith in him, same with the arsenal pair who are good defenders but for years we saw it that if they've got that seed of doubt in their head about the bloke playing behind you it's something else which can impact concentration

Fwiw I thought the save from the vardy lob was very good and he was unlucky with the follow up

I can't see how anybody is disappointed, compared to the last 18 months of Guzan.

I've been very pleased with him. The Leicester goal was a result of an inch perfect, perfectly weighted lob from Vardy.

In 5 games, he's kept 3 clean sheets, conceded two, one being the Leicester goal that was unstoppable and the other being a penalty.

I appreciate its early days and also that the defence may have improved (possibly because of renewed confidence in the keeper) but if we have limited funds in this window, a goalkeeper is not priority in my eyes.

Â