Mark Bunn

villan_007

4 hours ago, sne said:

Looks a bit sketchy in the air, but has 3 clean sheets in his last 5 league games + a saved penalty against Leicester.

An outside perspective would say bringing in Bunn has really improved the team because we have had 3 clean sheets, but watching Bunn you'd realize that the clean sheets have nothing to do with him. Rather it's the stellar play or Okore-Lescott and the fact that Richards is no longer at center back. I'd honestly consider putting Guzan back in now that the back line is a bit more solidified.

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

An outside perspective would say bringing in Bunn has really improved the team because we have had 3 clean sheets, but watching Bunn you'd realize that the clean sheets have nothing to do with him. Rather it's the stellar play or Okore-Lescott and the fact that Richards is no longer at center back. I'd honestly consider putting Guzan back in now that the back line is a bit more solidified.

So saving a penalty hasn't contributed to our clean sheets? If lescott had been awake he'd have also been praised much more for his save from Vardy. 

Think this is a bit harsh. He's played his part and looks much better than Guzan at the moment. He's not the long term answer but I'm glad he's stepped up. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Don't think that is fair. While Bunn is not great by any stretch, he at least saves the shots coming at him. Guzan not only spreads uncertainty, he also fails to save shots well within his reach.

Don't wan't Guzan anywhere near the the first team again.

Next season thou, among many other issues, a new goalie is paramount.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Bunn just really makes me nervous. Twice yesterday he made terrible judgment calls that required the ball to be cleared off the line. Luckily Okore was well aware of how out of position Bunn was or else Norwhich would have scored twice. If Guzan did that, his page would have 200+ new posts in an hour saying how shit he is and is our worst keeper ever. 

I think it's fair to criticize Bunn just how we criticized Guzan especially if Bunn is making errors as well. 

12 hours ago, Czechlad said:

the back line is more solidified because Guzan is out of the team, its one of the key reasons

• Like 1

It was pretty windy yesterday. I noticed a couple of his kicks seemed to get blown almost back towards him in the second half. I think the ball hoiked in by Leicester that went over him and then got frighteningly kicked back across goal by Lescott (I think) may have caught everyone by surprise by being blown further expected.

He did definitely make at least one Guzan-esque underhit pass out to defence though...

13 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Part of the reason, imo, that we look better at the back is the confidence that Bunn has given to the defence instead of Guzan.

It's hard to measure that, or put your finger on why it happens. But it's definitely happened in this case, imo.

• Like 2

I don't think he's very good, reminds me of Given minus the shot stopping ability, in the sense that he's absolutely hopeless from crosses. 

One things for the certain is that he gives the back four more confidence than Guzan, so on that basis he has to start, but I really do not rate him and hope we sign a keeper in the summer. 

4 goals conceded in 7 games since he took the No.1 spot and one was a penalty and another was a last minute counter attack. He isnt the 2nd coming of Buffon but he is doing OK at the moment and as mentioned before the defenders seem more comfortable with him in net

• Like 1

On 06/02/2016 at 23:50, DCJonah said:

So saving a penalty hasn't contributed to our clean sheets? If lescott had been awake he'd have also been praised much more for his save from Vardy. 

Think this is a bit harsh. He's played his part and looks much better than Guzan at the moment. He's not the long term answer but I'm glad he's stepped up. 

Didn't he save the penalty in a 1-1 draw?  So, no, it didn't contribute to our clean sheets.

I actually don't think he looks much better than Guzan at all, but there's no need to mix up a team that is currently shutting out teams.  Certainly need a goalkeeper next season, though.

On current form in terms of clean sheets, regardless whether it can 100% be attributed to Bunn's individual performance, I think he should remain our no. 1 choice. Guzan has had an abysmal form all season and looks like the shell of his former self. On form I'd still argue that Guzan has better qualities than Bunn overall, but if it's working you don't need to fix it. Right now Bunn is working and Guzan is not.

Â