Mark Bunn

villan_007

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Thought he did fine from what I saw of the game yesterday.

But Bunn is a decent backup. I said when we signed him that he was good enough to be our backup keeper. Our problem is our number 1 isnt good enough.

Yep. Our problem is our number 1 keeper is only good enough to be a back up keeper.

How many back up keepers does a club need!!!

Comfortably worse kicking than Guzan.

But I'm happy to see him given a run of games. I actually think he's a decent keeper. Wouldn't be good enough to be first choice normally, but with how Guzan is performing I think Bunn is actually the better option.

Not a good match to judge him on. Kicking, as mentioned, was awful. He looked worse than Guzan with the ball at his feet which is pretty incredible. BUT he needs to stay in the net. Until he proves he is not good enough, Bunn should be the #1. We need competition in the net especially if no one else wants to come here. 

• Like 1

Didn't have a whole lot to do (did he make a save?) but maybe the fact that he wasn't Guzan gave the defense confidence because they were immense, especially Lescott. Keeps his place of course.

He had some poor kicks though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Defence looked more confident with him behind them 

No that was just the fact that Richards wasn't in the middle. Still think Bunn should be starting, but the shut out today was down to a solid defensive unit. 

Â