Mark Bunn

villan_007

Let him continue by all means... but really, he hasn't been tested at all. Not at all.

i've said many times I don't like small keepers, so I don't like Bunn. Is replacing him a priority now, I'm not sure.

Ugh I see some real goalkeeping experts in this and the Guzan threads, experts I'm assuming have never played in goal but figure it's piss easy and they know everything about it.

Bunn out of position for Leicesters goal?! Do me a favour, in much the same way Guzan wasn't "out of position" for the free kick (can't remember the game) he's absolutely not out of position there, it's bloody textbook.

Reading these threads I see a continuing trend, people who don't play/haven't played in goal don't know anything about goalkeeping positioning, and simply assume if the ball goes in the net from more than 20 yards away it must be the keepers fault somehow.

Guzan wasn't anywhere near as bad as claimed at the start of the season, mode recently he's gone to pot a bit and was deservedly dropped. Bunn has come in and done fine, I don't think he's the better keeper, but he's certainly the form keeper and should keep his place, he hasn't had a lot to do so it's hard to judge him too much, but he's done mostly fine with what he's had to - I do fear though that if the dropped cross had gone in or if he'd seen red for the foul on Vardy this thread would be becoming far more Guzan-esque despite him putting in the exact same performances

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, weedman said:

Ugh I see some real goalkeeping experts in this and the Guzan threads, experts I'm assuming have never played in goal but figure it's piss easy and they know everything about it.

Bunn out of position for Leicesters goal?! Do me a favour, in much the same way Guzan wasn't "out of position" for the free kick (can't remember the game) he's absolutely not out of position there, it's bloody textbook.

Reading these threads I see a continuing trend, people who don't play/haven't played in goal don't know anything about goalkeeping positioning, and simply assume if the ball goes in the net from more than 20 yards away it must be the keepers fault somehow.

Guzan wasn't anywhere near as bad as claimed at the start of the season, mode recently he's gone to pot a bit and was deservedly dropped. Bunn has come in and done fine, I don't think he's the better keeper, but he's certainly the form keeper and should keep his place, he hasn't had a lot to do so it's hard to judge him too much, but he's done mostly fine with what he's had to - I do fear though that if the dropped cross had gone in or if he'd seen red for the foul on Vardy this thread would be becoming far more Guzan-esque despite him putting in the exact same performances

It's the same with most pundits.

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

If you watch the goal instead of just using this one frame, I'd say he was hung out to dry by Richards and Hutton who should have been the ones dealing with it.

If my memory serves me correctly then I think Guzan gave a shout to leave it and proceeded to make a complete arse of it and let one of the smallest players in the league beat him to the ball.

I think Hutton getting injured, Okore returning to the team instead of Richards and Cissoko returning from loan has very much helped Bunn's cause. But fair play to the lad, hasn't had much to do since being picked but hasn't done too much wrong either. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I think he thought the first goal was going wide so he didn't dive for it. Can't complain too much about him, he is very unnoticeable as a goalkeeper, which probably means he's doing ok and certainly isn't making any howlers. The defence don't seem to make mistakes with him in the team either.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Looks a bit sketchy in the air, but has 3 clean sheets in his last 5 league games + a saved penalty against Leicester.

Yep agree as far as im concerned he is better than guzan and rightfully belongs in the first team.

Â