Mark Bunn

villan_007

I don't like him.   Felt he could have done better with first goal.  He didn't move. 

As said above, the first goal was a huge deflection.

Even without being wrongfooted by it, which Bunn was, no goalkeeper in the world would have saved that

Edited by Stevo985

Hasn't really impressed at all, has let in a disproportionate amount of soft goals.

Has he?

1.Huge deflection

2.penalty

3.wonder goal, people in the holte lower were clapping.

He was decent in pre season though!

Hasn't really impressed at all, has let in a disproportionate amount of soft goals.

Has he?

1.Huge deflection

2.penalty

3.wonder goal, people in the holte lower were clapping.

He was decent in pre season though!

I don't mind him as a No.2 but the penalty was a huge blunder on his part and the wonder goal was hardly a rocket.

I don't like him. Felt he could have done better with first goal. He didn't move.

But my main gripe was that he was so slow in releasing the ball. He seems to miss the obvious throwout to give it to someone who wasn't in a position to move forward.

Felt very uneasy every time the ball went his way.

It took a bloody deflection ffs. Suppose you could have saved it even if it took a deflection too. Not at fault for the first. Second yes a penalty and third was a great shot and not even Guzan would have saved it. This goal keeping lark is easy. Oh yes he also made some decent saves too but let's ignore that. Edited by nazvfc

• 4 months later...

Well from what i saw of the game before my Internet went off ( grr Virgin!!) There was a corner and he was surrounded by a fair few players he managed to punch the ball away. Guzan would have flapped at that and a goal would have resulted from it.

Give him a run he deserves a chance, it might give Guzan the kick up the ass he needs!

4 minutes ago, sne said:

This tiny (for a keeper) somewhat portly man is not the long term solution, but until we can find a replacement for Guzan, why not...

for a small keeper he did OK from corners even when tried bully him

he did OK and would start him tuesday as he looked a lot better than any other Villa keeper in last few months

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think he's an accident waiting to happen from a set piece, very Given-esque in those situations. 

Guzan is an accident that happens every game though. I have no confidence in Guzan holding onto a tame shot these days.

Thought he did fine from what I saw of the game yesterday.

But Bunn is a decent backup. I said when we signed him that he was good enough to be our backup keeper. Our problem is our number 1 isnt good enough.

Â