Mark Bunn

villan_007

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

Except for his distribution, the familiar stick that Guzan is beaten with. 

Plus, he had absolutely nothing to do. 

My thoughts exactly. Didn't have enough to do to make any kind of judgement today and I personally thought some of his kicking was a bit dodgy.

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think they had one shot on target? He didn't really have anything to do. 

Yeah but sometimes a fresh face in goal gives the defence more confidence. I think defenders were a bit sick of/too comfortable with Guzan that a change provided a boost

1 minute ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Looking like bunn may have userped Guzan from these comments for Leicester 

http://mobile.avfc.co.uk/default.aspx?s=news-display&aid=5275716

Quote from Garde on Bunn: "It's the way he behaves too - in that it's not only about the saves you make when you are in this position" 

I think that probably means he doesn't have gum spitting competitions on the touch line and swear at fans, but I could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Quote from Garde on Bunn: "It's the way he behaves too - in that it's not only about the saves you make when you are in this position" 

I think that probably means he doesn't have gum spitting competitions on the touch line and swear at fans, but I could be wrong.

the next line clearly says he means on the pitch though, he says something about meaning giving confidence to his defenders.

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

the next line clearly says he means on the pitch though, he says something about meaning giving confidence to his defenders.

No, it doesn't:

"It's the way he behaves too - in that it's not only about the saves you make when you are in this position. 

"It's also the confidence and calm you can transmit to the team. 

"I was pleased with Mark for that."

That's the end of the quote.

Like I said, I could be wrong (and I probably am because it's just a guess and I've only read the quote not heard it) :)

Edited by alreadyexists

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

I think Guzan has lost the defence confidence a good while ago and probably wont be able regain it

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You mean one bad kick? 

There was more than one bad kick. Two in a row went straight out into touch. Even the commentator commented on it.

A couple went way too long as well, either out for a goal kick or straight through to Hennessey.

He wasn't terrible at all, but Guzan's kicking is vastly exaggerated on here. If Guzan had kicked like Bunn did vs Palace there would be about 8 pages in his thread about how bad it was.

Edited by Stevo985

10 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

No, it doesn't:

"It's the way he behaves too - in that it's not only about the saves you make when you are in this position. 

"It's also the confidence and calm you can transmit to the team. 

"I was pleased with Mark for that."

That's the end of the quote.

Like I said, I could be wrong (and I probably am because it's just a guess and I've only read the quote not heard it) :)

I see what you mean but I think the way it's divided into two sentences in the article makes it appear that way, and also remember he's not totally fluent yet. Read it as "It's the way he behaves too - in that it's not only about the saves you make in this position, it's also the confidence and calm you transmit to the team."

The stuff after the hyphen is the clarification of his original comment, "he behaves well - what I mean by that is it's not just saves but giving also confidence."

I also just don't think that's Garde's style to make subtle digs, if he wanted to make an example of Guzan he probably would in a matter of fact way as he has with other players, Grealish etc.

30 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I see what you mean but I think the way it's divided into two sentences in the article makes it appear that way, and also remember he's not totally fluent yet. Read it as "It's the way he behaves too - in that it's not only about the saves you make in this position, it's also the confidence and calm you transmit to the team."

The stuff after the hyphen is the clarification of his original comment, "he behaves well - what I mean by that is it's not just saves but giving also confidence."

I also just don't think that's Garde's style to make subtle digs, if he wanted to make an example of Guzan he probably would in a matter of fact way as he has with other players, Grealish etc.

Fair enough :)

I don't think it's that subtle though, he's dropped Guzan from the first team (unless he's back in today!) and then commended Bunn by saying he behaves well, and that transmits to the rest of the team.

You're right in regard to Remi not being totally fluent, his English is excellent it not fluent, I see what you mean in that meaning can sometimes be lost.

• Like 1

Â