Mark Bunn

villan_007

Nothing wrong with his kicking today.

Rash decision for the booking. That may be a weakness for him given what happened against notts County earlier in the season.

But a decent enough game today. His save just before that goal was good, and he was actually inches away from it being an amazing double save. If he'd kept Okazaki's effort out that is.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Decision making is very questionable but did make some decent saves, with the penalty save being massive for us.

said in match thread his save from Vardy before the goal was just as good and he deserved better 

He's played 2 games in the premier league in the last 2 years. I'll cut him some slack. It takes a little while to get fully into the swing of things. He made some good saves, and got lucky with a mistake. Still feel more confident with him in there though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Two utterly utterly stupid errors tonight. One cost us a goal and the other him a yellow card, poor judgement on both.

Sure he saved a penalty but not impressed with him but would still take him over Guzan.

I can completely understand why he was left in no man's land for the goal, the defence was in a far worse position which left Bunn on the edge of whether to come out or not. Far from utterly stupid. The first one was a bad decision as Vardy was going out wide and it needn't have happened but the one for the goal I completely understand it. The save and reaction to nearly keep out the rebound showed plenty of promise.

Overly harsh criticism imo.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Two utterly utterly stupid errors tonight. One cost us a goal and the other him a yellow card, poor judgement on both.

Sure he saved a penalty but not impressed with him but would still take him over Guzan.

I agree the ball was moving at pace away from the goal , by leaving his line he gave Vardy the chance for the lob.

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Very much agree with this, I have no idea what he was doing for his yellow card, absolutely brainless play, and he was exposed for the goal, it was a good recovery save but his bad positioning set him up to have to make that sort of save.

Also thought he was rasha couple of times tonight and If he'd stayed on his line and just closed the angle leicester wouldn't have scored. He is however looking far more confident than guzan and deserves to continue in goal. 

I'm not so sure it was bad positioning for the goal. I'd have to see it again.

He's got to come out and close down the angle if Vardy's getting the ball there. Vardy just got a very clever shot away.

Like I say, I'll have to see it again, but my initial reaction was that he hadn't done much wrong there.

Very rash for the yellow card though, and it clearly effected him because there was an incident in the second half where he should have come out much sooner but hesitated.

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's got to come out and close down the angle if Vardy's getting the ball there. Vardy just got a very clever shot away.

Like I say, I'll have to see it again, but my initial reaction was that he hadn't done much wrong there.

Very rash for the yellow card though, and it clearly effected him because there was an incident in the second half where he should have come out much sooner but hesitated.

Think he hesitated when he came out for the Vardy effort when the goal was scored. Agree he had to close the angle but felt Vardy wouldn't have beaten him anyway if he'd stood and just come across on his line as the angle was tight and the ball bounced high and was moving from goal. By the time the ball had come down enough for him to hit it with his left the angle would've closed too much. Bunn coming out allowed Vardy to take it early on the bounce with the outside of his right boot. Thats how I saw it anyway from the holte but could be wrong.

What are you on about, he was let down by a shit pile of a defence. What keeper expects to be left 1v1 from a goal kick, it was in no way his fault and he was left exposed by bullshit defending and I'll take a brave keeper coming off his line over a bottler all day long.,Bunn was good.,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd be interested to see if you think the same when you see it again.

Vardy is running away from goal at an angle with a defender in pursuit and nothing much to aim at in the box, the only option open to him was the lob which Bunn invited.

It was poor and needless positioning from him, I can't see how anyone can disagree with that.

6 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Also thought he was rasha couple of times tonight and If he'd stayed on his line and just closed the angle leicester wouldn't have scored. He is however looking far more confident than guzan and deserves to continue in goal. 

Exactly

Â