Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

What in warming the bench? At best a mid table prem player. At best. Nowhere near a top 10 player in his position in Europe. 

Warming the bench at champions league club (and potentially being an injury away from starting v Barcelona in last 16) or warming at mid table championship club.

Tough choice....

Wanted 10 - 12 mill, but to be honest 8 million pounds in the kitty can do a fair bit in another area.

Aston Villa set to offload Jordan Amavi to Sevilla for £8m just seven months after rejecting £25m offer for defender

Aston Villa left-back Jordan Amavi is closing on a move to Sevilla.

The Spanish side had a £5.2million bid rejected last week but have returned with an improved £6.2m offer plus another £1.8m in add-ons.

The 23-year-old French full-back joined Villa from Nice in 2015 for £9m. He impressed early on but suffered a knee ligament injury after just 12 appearances.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4662934/Aston-Villa-set-offload-Jordan-Amavi-Sevilla-8m.html

I really want to like him and see him succeed, especially after his injury and initial tidy start when he first joined  but he makes so many simple mistakes that have nothing to do with the injury or the prospect of a tooth tackle coming in. There are obviously signs there's a quality player in there but if he can't keep his concentration and push on from when he arrived then where do we go. 

I could see us selling him on and him coming good as we can forget how young he is, however, I could see him just sinking into mediocrity and coasting in the lower half of the French league for the rest of his career too. 

Hopefully a full pre-season and the competition with Taylor will make him focus and push on but if a good monetary offer was to come in, I'd probably take it as the phrase that comes to mind is stagnation. Hope he proves me wrong as he was the signing I was most looking forward to when he arrived. 

Sevilla would be a good move for him but since his injury he has shown very little I'm afraid.

A left back playing at the same standard for Burton Alli this past year would not be a subject of a £8m bid from Sevilla. He just doesn't seem to fit in. 

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I really want to like him and see him succeed, especially after his injury and initial tidy start when he first joined  but he makes so many simple mistakes that have nothing to do with the injury or the prospect of a tooth tackle coming in. There are obviously signs there's a quality player in there but if he can't keep his concentration and push on from when he arrived then where do we

I agree. There is some quality in him but long before the injury he seemed to make inexplicable mistakes. In his defense Villa hasn't been the best place to nurture and bring young talent through for, well, for a very long time. But if you get dropped by Tim Sherwood, and it's the correct decision, then that tells me something.

8 Million and a 10% or 20% sell on clause will be sufficient. He may go onto be a better player.. and be sold for 25 million one day. We can recoup the fee that way. Let him go

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KSV said:

8 Million and a 10% or 20% sell on clause will be sufficient. He may go onto be a better player.. and be sold for 25 million one day. We can recoup the fee that way. Let him go

Yes for me £8m seems a decent offer for a player not a regular in our team - time to offload a few and we should accept this offer .

2 hours ago, KSV said:

yeah i agree with this, we need to insert a sell on fee. can see us doing this. Xia and Bruce are no mugs they will see he can go for big money potentially 

I would rather a bigger fee now without the sell on. I have seen absolutely nothing to make be even mildly ponder that he might be a top player one day. 

If a sell on fee comes with a penalty personally I wouldn't bother. 

I like Amavi but in our situation you could argue he's a luxury. I think he could be a decent mid table Premiership player - if we're OK for money is rather we kept him but he may think he has better options and we may prefer to spend elsewhere. 

There is a player in there somewhere and Id rather keep him. With JT/Chester in defence the communication will be better and it will help the defensive side of his game, there is no doubt he has ability on the ball/crossing/pace.

I said it before he was thrown around all down that left side last season, in all sorts of formations. Pick a formation and sticking to it would help him no end IMO, the constant changes were part of the problem.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Reports saying its practically done. 7m with 2m in add ons. hopefully there is a sell on fee as I think he will move on for big money after Sevilla.

Will wish him well

Any link ? Good news if true -time to bring in some cash and we have plenty of tat for sale .

25 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Any link ? Good news if true -time to bring in some cash and we have plenty of tat for sale .

Sure, should have added oops

Aston Villa transfer only lacking the cherry on top to be official

By Sport Witness Team -

5th July 2017

A few days ago it was reported that Sevilla have not only agreed personal terms with Jordan Amavi, but have also agreed a transfer fee with Aston Villa, the latter being the much more difficult task of the two.

El Desmarque reported that Sevilla had offered €7m plus a further €2m in bonuses, and Aston Villa had accepted that as being close enough to their €10m asking price. A good deal for everyone involved, which rarely seems to be the case.

Since then it’s gone a little quiet, but Marca believe the deal is on the verge of being completed. Amavi to Sevilla is one of three potential summer transfers to the Spanish which are missing only the ‘cherry’ on top to become official.

One would assume Marca are referring to the technical aspects of a transfer, such as the legal paperwork, and Amavi successfully going through his medical tests. The transfer is said to be in the ‘final stretch’, but there’s no suggestion an announcement is imminent.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Reports saying its practically done. 7m with 2m in add ons. hopefully there is a sell on fee as I think he will move on for big money after Sevilla.

Will wish him well

I would be sorry to see him go but it looks like we need some money and he is the most saleable asset we have whose sale might not currently cause too many ripples in the first team squad as he rarely gets a game now.

I would like to know how likely we are to get anything back from those unspecified add-ons. Given the current exchange rate they would be getting a bargain for an initial cash payment of around £6.5m so I would want a sell on fee of 20% as well because I also think Sevilla will make money on the deal when he leaves them. I would also wish him well if he does go but do they have say a keeper they can loan us to sweeten the deal? ;)   

Edited by John

I honestly think despite his current squad position that mooted fee is on the low side for Amavi who I feel once settled will again turn out to be more than a decent left sided player in an inflated transfer market. There's an obvious dearth of decent left sided players available.

Really surprised there's no offers from the Premiership particularly Liverpool.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

Â