Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

For a Premier League defender he is now a reasonable reserve left sided midfielder in the Championship so any fee would be decent business !

Never lived up to his early promise. Not sure whether he can be blamed for that given what a shambles we had become.

But for us, he has ended up as another with occasional eye catching skills but too little substance or game awareness. As I say that may or may not be a true reflection of his potential.

My God we've had more than our fair share.

Having said all that there are about ten I'd like gone before him.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jim said:

Poppycock!

Forward players and midfielders command bigger premiums over defensive players. 

How much did we pay for Premier League champion Richie De Laet?

Remind me how much did Luiz go for again? ;)

16 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Would be very happy to see him go for the right money. 

What is the right money? He hasn't shown anything in his time here and has probably got worse as time has gone on.

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Remind me how much did Luiz go for again? ;)

He thinks he is a forward player so it doesn't count :P

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sevilla have made a 6 million euro bid apparently but we want 10. i agree would not sell at that figure.

I dont believe we rejected a 25m bid to be honest 

Depends how we see him, really.  There sounds like enough interest to be able to get £10m, though, so we may as well hold out.

€10m comes to around the £9m we paid, give or take a few thousand. I think that is about right. Actually, i think we are driving a hard bargain tbf. He might go on to be a success in one of the big leagues but I doubt it and it's a big ask. I think £9m is a good price to aim for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Sevilla have made a 6 million euro bid apparently but we want 10. i agree would not sell at that figure.

According to the sun Seville offered £3.5m and we want  nearer £9m - I'd be happy if we got £7.5 for him .

I was thinking that the sticking point would be us negotiating a sell on fee. I imagine the club expects him to go on to big things eventually and will want a chunk of any future fee for their part in his development. 

Also I'd imagine he has a sell on fee currently so even if we sell at what we bought him for, some of that will be going to whoever we bought him off in france

Mid table championship reserve player who is not good enough to be a regular starter at villa - his first season he only played a handful of games before injury - has shown little since his injury to suggest he's worth £10m

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Mid table championship reserve player who is not good enough to be a regular starter at villa - his first season he only played a handful of games before injury - has shown little since his injury to suggest he's worth £10m

Well I hope you're not the one doing the negotiations at Villa :D

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

Anything less than 10 mil plus some add on fees and we'll have had our pants well and truly pulled down. 

He's a young player with a great deal of potential and looked great in his first season. I don't think he was particularly motivated last season, so that's why I wouldn't be that upset if we let him go, but in this marketplace we need to be getting a decent fee. 

Yes, our objective is to mug potential suitors off. Worth no where near £10m but if we can get that or even more then fantastic business for us. He has virtually no potential and cannot even stand out at this level, so fingers crossed we get a good fee for him, then we can watch him disappear without a trace. 

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If they think he can do a job for them then that proves that he is worth significantly more than 6m Euros!

Â