Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

26 minutes ago, poitier said:

I think he would look decent in one of those teams that just steamrollers most of their league, like a PSG or Porto. But I don't think he will ever be a good player.

Kind of like how Aly Cissohko excelled at Porto. 

Well your left back should never be your best player, really. As stated above, they're generally used to complement good teams rather than being a focal point. All of the best full backs I can think of played in very good teams - Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Lahm etc. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well your left back should never be your best player, really. As stated above, they're generally used to complement good teams rather than being a focal point. All of the best full backs I can think of played in very good teams - Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Lahm etc. 

Probably true, and they then take that confidence from being a part of a successful team/system into their personal game.

Taylor's stock has never been close to what Amavi's was before we bought him.  That season with Nice, he got the most amount of interceptions out of all the players of Europe's big leagues IIRC. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Taylor's stock has never been close to what Amavi's was before we bought him.  That season with Nice, he got the most amount of interceptions out of all the players of Europe's big leagues IIRC. 

Think he was first or second in the Prem too before his cruciate injury.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lexicon said:

Just like every other position for that matter...

Not necessarily but for the most part. These days if you're good then somebody will pony up enough to tempt you, so we don't see examples like Le Tissier or Shearer anymore. 

Edited by lexicon

On 6/27/2017 at 16:34, lexicon said:

That season with Nice, he got the most amount of interceptions out of all the players of Europe's big leagues IIRC. 

Meaningless stat is meaningless. Who gives a balls how many interceptions he had at nice or anywhere else.

On 6/28/2017 at 09:30, vreitti said:

He'll do great in a team like PSG. Sad it didn't work out for us. 

he will get about 5 games a season. Kurzawa will start most games and they are linked with Alex Sandro

he cant get into a 2nd division team at present

Just now, DK82 said:

We should accept 5m

Only worth 3m

French U21 international, highly rated still. Why the hell do we always undervalue our players? If he was at Spurs they'd be asking 10-12m. Our fans? Wank him off for an Aero.

If he was at Spurs it would probably mean he is better than he is.

11 minutes ago, DK82 said:

We should accept 5m

Only worth 3m

French U21 international, highly rated still. Why the hell do we always undervalue our players? If he was at Spurs they'd be asking 10-12m. Our fans? Wank him off for an Aero.

Thanks now I really want a mint aero

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he will get about 5 games a season. Kurzawa will start most games and they are linked with Alex Sandro

he cant get into a 2nd division team at present

At present he's not good fit for us. Doesn't mean much though. He's got a lot of potential, and will flourish in the right setup. 

Anyways, I'm fairly certain we'll recoup our money, probably even make a small profit.

Edited by vreitti

Â