Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

He probably will end up a decent player but for us he's doesn't look good enough for the championship, which is a major concern. 

I don't think his injury is to blame, he's just not as good as we first assumed. 

Hopefully we get a good price.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Taylor has played in the premier league for 7 years and never looked out of place, it shouldn't be a suprise he's done good with us in the championship 

What is a surprise was how diabolical Amavi was in the Championship.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

LOLOLOL

I think you have missed the sarcasm in the second half of my post! 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

He probably will end up a decent player but for us he's doesn't look good enough for the championship, which is a major concern. 

I don't think his injury is to blame, he's just not as good as we first assumed. 

Hopefully we get a good price.

I've said in ten times and I'll say it again.  I never saw much in him before his injury. I am sure if he was not a French Under 21 and some bloke called Bob Smith we signed from Stoke,  people would have been slating his early performances for us. I have not seen anything from him before or since his injury. 

• Like 2

By all accounts (and stats) he had a brilliant season in France the year before we signed him.

Not that it should be taken as gospel, but at whoscored he had the highest average rating in the whole league, ahead of Zlatan, Lacazette and all the other big name players.

Now this means diddly squat for how he performed here, which was disappointing.

But at that part of his career he showed great potential and ability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Agreed. The good doctor is no fool though and I'm sure will add numerous clauses into any sale

This has a bit of the Iddrisa Gana about it for me. His injury stopped him moving at the same time as he did but he was never the same player once it was said that we had turned down a big bid for him.

The clause we need to insert into any deal will depend on what we are offered for the player but Everton played us for mugs when they signed Gana and I assume Amavi does not have a release price as part of the contract he signed with us.

We need a decent percentage of any sell-on profit the club that takes him off our hands makes in a year or two and we need to sell him at no less than we paid for him.     

• Like 1

This is a strange one, he looked to have all the attributes of a fine attacking left back in his early days but has just got steadily worse (probably due to the injury)

He's no worse than Bertrand when we had him on loan, so i wouldnt be surprised, if in a couple of years, he's playing great for someone else. At the same time we can't let him sit around waiting for him to turn good, might as well get some money back whilst hes still under contract. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If we sell anything less than 15m not a good deal

He's back up left back for a team that finished 13th in the championship. I'm not sure we could put a huge price tag like that and expect to get it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's back up left back for a team that finished 13th in the championship. I'm not sure we could put a huge price tag like that and expect to get it. 

Depends on the Market, Everton just spent £30m on a keeper who's only played 31 games for Sunderland. 

It's a shame how he performed last season. A transfer away is best for both parties. 

£10m at the very least is what we should be looking at, said it a million times but I think he'll go on to be a good player. 

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I doubt we get more than 5 million for him and can see him at a club like Watford who might take a punt. Cant see anybody better taking a risk

£5m? Are you joking? 

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

£5m? Are you joking? 

a. he had a bad injury

b. he was woeful in 2nd tier of English football

c. he has no track record in England to think he will improve or for teams to take a punt on him

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

a. he had a bad injury

c. he has no track record in England to think he will improve or for teams to take a punt on him

Probably true, but based on the money being thrown around, I think we should be trying for 10 - 12 minimum. Not saying we will get that, but that almost seems like todays 5 - 6 million.

We paid £15 million for a striker that scores 20 goals each season. 

Amavi isn't good enough to start games in the championship. 

We won't be getting big money for him. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes on loan first. 

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Amavi isn't good enough to start games in the championship. 

We won't be getting big money for him. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes on loan first. 

I think he is good enough for the Championship by some distance but he might be too good for it.   

If we don't get big money for him he can stay where he is. 

Why should we send him out on loan (recent history does not show us that doing so helps us as well as the player)?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

a. he had a bad injury

Yes he did.

He looked reasonable when deployed in a more attacking role in the 2nd tier.

He showed similar attributes pre injury in the top tier, a defender he is not, but definitely got something about him.

IMO

Â