Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

47 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We won't be getting big money for him. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes on loan first. 

Sell to buy policy at Villa so no way is he going to be loaned out when Bruce needs money to buy players.

Still feel he'll end up at Liverpool for around 10m-12m.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

a. he had a bad injury

b. he was woeful in 2nd tier of English football

c. he has no track record in England to think he will improve or for teams to take a punt on him

Trash like Clark, Westwood and Gestede went for £5m or more. We only saw a glimpse of it but Amavi could go on to be a great player. Anything less than £10m is disappointing imo.

12 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Trash like Clark, Westwood and Gestede went for £5m or more. We only saw a glimpse of it but Amavi could go on to be a great player. Anything less than £10m is disappointing imo.

Trash like "Clark" was the Championships winning teams best player this season and is now at a Premier League team.

Amavi was shite for the team which finished 13th in the Championship. IJS

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tismyk said:

Amavi has been linked with Liverpool, Marseille, Monaco, Atletico Madrid and former club Nice during his time at Villa.

In December, Villa were said to have turned down a £25m bid from an unnamed club from China.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ive-been-placed-transfer-list-13202026

Surely with those calibre of clubs sniffing around, a decent price tag is in the offing.

7 hours ago, striker said:

Sell to buy policy at Villa so no way is he going to be loaned out when Bruce needs money to buy players.

I don't want him to but we tend to do that with players we can't shift. Veretout, Sanchez, Gil and Cissokho have all left on loan. Wouldn't surprise me if the same happens with amavi.

7 hours ago, John said:

I think he is good enough for the Championship by some distance but he might be too good for it.   

If we don't get big money for him he can stay where he is. 

Why should we send him out on loan (recent history does not show us that doing so helps us as well as the player)?

He certainly hasn't displayed he's good enough, hence why the club that finished 13th don't play him. He's a back up LB/LW for a bottom half championship team 

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

a. he had a bad injury

c. he has no track record in England to think he will improve or for teams to take a punt on him

what benefit is it of us selling him for 5m? 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

what benefit is it of us selling him for 5m? 

1. He would be gone and therefore wouldn't cost us any more goals. 2. We would have £5m. 3. We wouldn't have an unhappy 2nd or 3rd choice left back in the squad.  

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, villa89 said:

1. He would be gone and therefore wouldn't cost us any more goals. 2. We would have £5m. 3. We wouldn't have an unhappy 2nd or 3rd choice left back in the squad.  

5m? You cant be seriously suggesting selling him for 5m? We spent double that bringing him here. He is a France u21 with a  lot of potential at the club. If we are selling players for pathetic fees we have no chance of going up signing decent players. 

I would laugh at any club who made a bid of 5m for him 

10 hours ago, striker said:

Would snatch their hand off if they offer £10m 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

a. he had a bad injury

Think they'll be more interest in him from abroad, Marseille are flushed with cash now so they could be an option. Monaco maybe if they move a few more of their players.

Edit: Lyon wanted him aswell the summer he joined.

Edited by VillaChris

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If we sell anything less than 15m not a good deal

I would be amazed if we get anywhere near what we paid for him. He has been poor in the Championship so I cannot imagine anyone paying more than £2-3m.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jim said:

I would be amazed if we get anywhere near what we paid for him. He has been poor in the Championship so I cannot imagine anyone paying more than £2-3m.

:lol:

Westwood and Gestede went for combined 11m ffs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He certainly hasn't displayed he's good enough, hence why the club that finished 13th don't play him. He's a back up LB/LW for a bottom half championship team 

For me, he showed he was good enough before talk of us having rejected a big offer for him impacted on his performances in our shirt.   

• Like 2

11 hours ago, John said:

I think he is good enough for the Championship by some distance but he might be too good for it.   

If we don't get big money for him he can stay where he is. 

Why should we send him out on loan (recent history does not show us that doing so helps us as well as the player)?

He's too good for the championship hence he didn't bother distinguishing himself at that level. 

• Like 1

Would snatch their hands off for £6m.

I think people are dreaming if they think we will get anything over that. He got run ragged consistently by journeymen Championship wingers. In spells he looked good and I thought he would stand out at this level...but he isn't. Regardless of ability, his mentality is poor, he is weak, he makes mistakes, he goes missing, he hides, he bottles out of challenges, he shrinks into himself when the going gets tough. Not the kind of player clubs are dying to sign.

Â