Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

This guy is far better than Luna, jesus

Luna had a fantastic first match for us. Cissokho also had a very strong match for us in his first game. All I am saying is give it a few matches before we start deeming him as world class, jesus

We were literally saying the same stuff about Luna a couple years ago. Calm.

No we weren't. Don't be trying to piss on my chips.

I have absolutely no idea why such a talented young player chose to play for Aston Villa, but what an absolutely phenomenal signing on what we've seen so far. He's a complete modern fullback at 21. He'll probably end up with 100 caps for France and win a Champions League or two.

Baffled. Players like this don't sign for us. Hats off to everyone involved in his recruitment.

Why wouldn't he? Why say stupid stuff like that.

Because we've just had our 4th consecutive relegation battle and our reputation has probably never been lower, and we've spent most of the time since MON left signing nobodies from the lower divisions or minor European leagues, or washed up players who have failed elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited about this signing and the direction this club is headed under Tim Sherwood. I just didn't believe signing such an obviously talented young player was within our reach in 2015.

I'm very happy with the transfer window so far and I look forward to being made to eat my words as often as possible! :-)

Fair enough. I am just sick of seeing our club being run down by the media and opposition fans. It annoys me (more than it should) when genuine Villa supporters toe the negative media line, we are more intelligent than that lot IMO.  ;)

• Like 1

I have absolutely no idea why such a talented young player chose to play for Aston Villa, but what an absolutely phenomenal signing on what we've seen so far. He's a complete modern fullback at 21. He'll probably end up with 100 caps for France and win a Champions League or two.

Baffled. Players like this don't sign for us. Hats off to everyone involved in his recruitment.

Why wouldn't he? Why say stupid stuff like that.

Because we've just had our 4th consecutive relegation battle and our reputation has probably never been lower, and we've spent most of the time since MON left signing nobodies from the lower divisions or minor European leagues, or washed up players who have failed elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited about this signing and the direction this club is headed under Tim Sherwood. I just didn't believe signing such an obviously talented young player was within our reach in 2015.

I'm very happy with the transfer window so far and I look forward to being made to eat my words as often as possible! :-)

Fair enough. I am just sick of seeing our club being run down by the media and opposition fans. It annoys me (more than it should) when genuine Villa supporters toe the negative media line, we are more intelligent than that lot IMO. ;)
Agree totally! Which is part of why I'm surprised he signed for us. Externally we were probably the least fashionable the club has been in 140 years toward the end of Lambert's reign, and even going into this season we're getting slagged off as boring relegation fodder from all corners.

The impetus we've shown in this summer's signings shows the sleeping giant might finally be stirring though!

• Like 1

We were literally saying the same stuff about Luna a couple years ago. Calm. 

Luna was a lucky dip signing and Amavi showed more today Luna entire Villa career

Well apart from the goal on his debut

So impressed today on his debut. Just looks so classy. Goes forward and defends with seeming ease. He's good in the tackle, but the best thing about him is the way he reads the game.

If Richards had half his ability to read the game he's be one of the best CB's in the game!

Really looking forward to watching him this season - top of the Jordan table so far.

Â