Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

This guy could play for Barcelona. Absolute gem of a find. Like someone mentioned he dropped off a little second half... nothing a little more match fitness won't fix!

Edited by Warnock

This guy could play for Barcelona. Absolute gem of a find. Like someone mentioned he dropped off a little second half... nothing a little more match fitness won't fix!

Wow.

Would consider ourselves lucky if he isn't at Real Madrid at this point next season.

World Class player. Controlled his side of the field, IMO.

Wow.

Wow.

Would consider ourselves lucky if he isn't at Real Madrid at this point next season.

World Class player. Controlled his side of the field, IMO.

Wow.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I have absolutely no idea why such a talented young player chose to play for Aston Villa, but what an absolutely phenomenal signing on what we've seen so far. He's a complete modern fullback at 21. He'll probably end up with 100 caps for France and win a Champions League or two.

Baffled. Players like this don't sign for us. Hats off to everyone involved in his recruitment.

I have absolutely no idea why such a talented young player chose to play for Aston Villa, but what an absolutely phenomenal signing on what we've seen so far. He's a complete modern fullback at 21. He'll probably end up with 100 caps for France and win a Champions League or two.

Baffled. Players like this don't sign for us. Hats off to everyone involved in his recruitment.

Why wouldn't he? Why say stupid stuff like that, leave that negative garbage to Sky and the BBC.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Why wouldn't he? Why say stupid stuff like that.

I think it's more of a surprise that no-one else came in for him.  He was quite heavily linked to Arsenal and based off today's performance he'd fit into a side like that.  

Still a long way to go but couldn't have had much of a better start without a goal/assist.

Then again, Luna scored on his debut.....

This is exactly the sort of signing we should expect as fans of a club outside of the top 4. Sign a potentially outstanding player for 8m or so then sell for a huge profit in a couple of years. It's what Southampton do and their fans don't seem bothered. As long as we see some good football and good results from time to time that works for me.

• Like 2

Why wouldn't he? Why say stupid stuff like that.

Because we've just had our 4th consecutive relegation battle and our reputation has probably never been lower, and we've spent most of the time since MON left signing nobodies from the lower divisions or minor European leagues, or washed up players who have failed elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited about this signing and the direction this club is headed under Tim Sherwood. I just didn't believe signing such an obviously talented young player was within our reach in 2015.

I'm very happy with the transfer window so far and I look forward to being made to eat my words as often as possible! :-)

• Like 1

Jesus Christ what a player he is. Absolutely superb.

Watch it our resident French football expert won't like this - you know we are all wrong and we've bought a lot of dross.

Good today will only get better. This team once they gel will be better than any team for a long while.

A quite amazing competitive debut. Crucial at the back and marauding going forward. We've an absolute f**king belter here. Huge fan already.

Â