Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

1 minute ago, Arj Guy said:

Well we could have certainly done better than replacing them with Gana and Gestede. Two players who shouldn't even be in the PL

that is harsh on Gana (IMO) - yes, he completely messed up yesterday for two goals but he has done ok amongst a load of dross within the squad. He is one of the only central midfielders capable of driving the ball forwards.

I don't believe Gestede was ever Benteke's direct replacement - I think Adebayor was supposed to be that man until God warned him away!

19 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

Well we could have certainly done better than replacing them with Gana and Gestede. Two players who shouldn't even be in the PL

I think you'll find that Adebayour was the proposed target to replace Benteke, not Gestede. I'm not sure who was realistically a better option to replace Delph? Established players don't want to come to Villa-The whole set up is a shambles and the money is not the best. People are on another planet if they think Villa can just pluck players of Delph & Bentekes quality from thin air-The same with this transfer window. Nobody will touch us with a barge pole yet its the clubs fault for not bringing people in.

One bad game and nah, sack him off.

He was comfortably man of the match against Palace. Was good against Leicester and the Albion too, came on and changed the game against Wycombe. I fail to understand how that did not register with some.

Like most his confidence is fragile. He's not going to stay confident by being benched. Besides, what the option?

• Like 4

I was thinking as a watched the game yesterday that Gana was having as good a game for us as he's had since he arrived, he was buzzing around and looked at least the equal of the man he's replaced. Sadly he then played a backpass so bad that City scored twice from it. 

I hope it doesn't destroy his confidence. i think we need him.

• Like 2

My bro who went to the game said he had a shocker. Apparently he didn't seem up for the second half at all. But I wasn't there so perhaps he wasn't that bad..

Some of the comments here are ridiculous. He's one of a few players in the current team who tries and performs well enough. If we have 11 players with his determination we'd stay up.

Â