Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Definite lay-off by Gestede, for mine (not a poor touch or mis-control).

Am I right in thinking this is Gana's first attempt from inside the box?

Edit: From this highlight:

Edited by ozvillafan
Added link to make sense
  • Like 1

He has been great playing the defensive midfield role and allows our other midfielders to be a bit more attacking, he has shown the discipline needed for such a role and it's a pity he wasn't played there earlier in the season.

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Good game again. But for **** sake, stop shooting.

I was happy he scored the other day, for his sake, but I knew he'd take it as licence to launch the ball into the stands. How can a player have reached the heights in the game that he has, have so little idea how to control a shot?

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I was happy he scored the other day, for his sake, but I knew he'd take it as licence to launch the ball into the stands. How can a player have reached the heights in the game that he has, have so little idea how to control a shot?

There was one towards the end today. He took it down well, it was perfectly positioned for him to have a shot.
Loads of space, nobody putting him under pressure, loads of time to line it up, loads to aim at

And it was closer to the corner flag.

I really like him, and I think he's getting better and better. But he has one of the worst shots I've ever seen.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Tonev anyone?

Excellent today again.

Tonev was worse, but only because he shot every time he got the ball.

I think Gana's shooting might be worse, but at least he only does it a couple of times a game.

really hard to tell for sure watching on TV so can't see positioning out of the screen, but it seems he has lately been playing the deep midfielder in front on Okore and Lescott.  I think he is a big reason our defense has looked much more secure.  He's got really quick feet into the tackle in close range.  I've been impressed with him the last 3 outings or so in this more defensive role.

• Like 2

Â