Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

I watched Tuesdays game again and he was absolutely outstanding. Completely dominated the centre of the park, was strong, work rate through the roof and I don't recall him giving the ball away once.

Best performance in a Villa shirt by far. On second viewing, my MOTM.

Personally, I love how subtle and fuss-free his play is. He never looks stretched or under-pressure, he's just there - foot in, little tackle, take the ball away or cut out the pass. Reads the game very well and deserves a lot more credit than he gets. 

14 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I watched Tuesdays game again and he was absolutely outstanding. Completely dominated the centre of the park, was strong, work rate through the roof and I don't recall him giving the ball away once.

Best performance in a Villa shirt by far. On second viewing, my MOTM.

I thought he was absolutely superb vs Sunderland at home but yes agree this was his best so far.

Good to see because Leicester win a lot of ball in the final third so he needs a similar performance Saturday

Needs to play DM every game. Was exceptional on Tuesday, and has some of the best interception and tackling stats in the league. 

If if we can find a box to box midfielder and have a diamond of Gana, B2B, Veretout and Gil we'd have a decent midfield! 

Needs to play DM every game. Was exceptional on Tuesday, and has some of the best interception and tackling stats in the league. 

If if we can find a box to box midfielder and have a diamond of Gana, B2B, Veretout and Gil we'd have a decent midfield! 

How do you fit those into a diamond?

Agree on Gana. Clearly his best role.

Said in the ratings, he covered the ground of the other two midfielders. Good job he was playing as otherwise our midfield were so poor. At least Garde realised this and chose to bypass them.

Anyway, very pleased with Gana and his last two performances.

8 minutes ago, Hanky said:

Said in the ratings, he covered the ground of the other two midfielders.

Not sure that's actually true.

He was certainly better than the other two midfielders, but I think Westwood covered the most ground although i can't find the stats now so happy to be corrected.

I wasn't talking about stats so ground covered probably wasn't the right term. I meant more in terms of players he put under pressure and tackles/interceptions. The other two were very poor today for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Hanky said:

I wasn't talking about stats so ground covered probably wasn't the right term. I meant more in terms of players he put under pressure and tackles/interceptions. The other two were very poor today for me.

No arguments here.

Â