Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Just now, Zatman said:

I expect RIchardson to stroll into the 1st team for next weeks game ;)

Yeah, but he's quite good isn't he? I mean, he has a lot of PL experience. And do you remember when he got an assist in that game we won at Stoke last season? He could do that again. And he saved Gerrard's shot and so on and so forth. 

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nobody - but nobody - comes out of a 0-6 home defeat with any credit. 

Gana might have been slightly less shit than others, but he was still deeply, deeply shit. 

Pretty much, I thought he started well but turned to shit as those around him lost the plot. 

But out of all of our summer signings he has been the best, I think he's a good defensive midfield player who sadly has to play alongside absolute cack like Veretout and Westwood. 

I really do not think that Gana would look out of place in a fair few teams in this league. He's good in the tackle and makes a lot of interceptions and is quite good at turning on the ball and surging forward. 

he gives the ball away under no pressure so **** much. I just can't see what some do, he was just as bad as everyone else for me today. Good for the first 20 minutes, but then so was everyone until Sturridge scored. No one should get credit for the remaining 70.

Remember Reo-Coker? good athlete, won the ball back and then gave it away again. Stark similarities.

• Like 1

He had a pass completion percentage of less than 75% today, which was pretty poor (though far from the worst). He does give it away a lot. 

In all honesty, maybe people are right - he probably was our least shit player. But I'm very resistant to the idea of praising anybody, even in such lesser-evil terms as those, after such a heavy home defeat. I stand by the comment that he was shit, just less so than others. 

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Started really well and was our best player but was still pretty poor at times. 

Find it hard to warm to him after his comments earlier on in the year. Won't really be bothered when he **** off in the summer. 

Well he wanted to use Villa as a stepping stone, to be honest I'm not sure where he wants to step to because the championship seems about his level to be honest

One of the most inaccurate posts I've ever read, KHV. That's some feat.

10 interceptions, 7 tackles - nobody can accuse him of not putting a shift in and doing what he was supposed to do. If the rest of them had done something too, we may not have lost by six bastard goals. 

• Like 1

Every week it's 8 interceptions, 10 interceptions. 7 tackles, 5 tackles, 8 tackles. He runs himself into the ground.

I've been reduced to thinking Ayew, Gana, Veretout and Amavi and the rest can do one. Unfortunately you can't field only 4 players, automatic 3-0 defeat...

Now there's an idea...

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Every week it's 8 interceptions, 10 interceptions. 7 tackles, 5 tackles, 8 tackles. He runs himself into the ground.

I've been reduced to thinking Ayew, Gana, Veretout and Amavi and the rest can do one. Unfortunately you can't field only 4 players, automatic 3-0 defeat...

Now there's an idea...

Jury very much still out on Veretout, he has had a poor season. You can see his talent, but he certainly hasn't delivered value for money. 

Gana I must admit I like, and he'd look better with better players around him, he has great energy and clearly does the dirty stuff very well, but playing with poor players in midfield IMO makes him extend himself too much, ideally he'd do the dirty work and play simply passes to guys who can make things happen, when he tries to play more elaborate passes or take a shot on goal he's well out of his comfort zone.  

Jury very much still out on Veretout, he has had a poor season. You can see his talent, but he certainly hasn't delivered value for money. 

Gana I must admit I like, and he'd look better with better players around him, he has great energy and clearly does the dirty stuff very well, but playing with poor players in midfield IMO makes him extend himself too much, ideally he'd do the dirty work and play simply passes to guys who can make things happen, when he tries to play more elaborate passes or take a shot on goal he's well out of his comfort zone.  

I agree with pretty much every word. Jury is indeed out on Veretout but I don't have doubts about his work ethic or potential. Gana would be a better player in a better side, at least in a not completely **** shit one. I know that line is trotted out a lot but it definitely applies here.

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Now there's an idea...

What. Those terrible foreign players that Fox and Riley were responsible for? Shame on you. :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lexicon said:

One of the most inaccurate posts I've ever read, KHV. That's some feat.

10 interceptions, 7 tackles - nobody can accuse him of not putting a shift in and doing what he was supposed to do. If the rest of them had done something too, we may not have lost by six bastard goals. 

I think he is crap, he makes tackles and interceptions but is then totally incapable with the football. He is  a cheap Nigel Reo Coker

Â