Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

really hard to tell for sure watching on TV so can't see positioning out of the screen, but it seems he has lately been playing the deep midfielder in front on Okore and Lescott.  I think he is a big reason our defense has looked much more secure.  He's got really quick feet into the tackle in close range.  I've been impressed with him the last 3 outings or so in this more defensive role.

He plays a bit higher than Sanchez and seems more energetic. He certainly gets up and down the pitch with more frequency. He reminds me of Ramires, but less of a horrible little scrotum sack.

I think he's a good player, always have done despite the dip in form.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He's definitely been the deepest midfielder most of the time since Sanchez has been out.

And has played extremely well in that position. While it's true that WBA are plain awful, Gueye's work in midfield had a lot to do with our clean sheet, for mine.

... he must be told NOT to shoot from outside the box, though.

16 minutes ago, GasGasGas said:

Replacing Benteke with Gestede - LOL

Replacing Delph with this guy - LOL

No wonder why we are going down

When we signed him people were screaming that this guy wasn't Delph's replacement.

He's not very good, annoyingly. He may be in some chart about most interceptions. But he's still crap.

Edited by Pilchard

He's been excellent for the past month, if he can get back to playing at the same level again on Tuesday night then I couldn't give 2 shits about the mistakes today, we were bet from the minute the team sheet was announced.  It's players like him that have led to us becoming more solid and harder to break down, excluding today obviously.  He was basically just doing his Carlos Sanchez impression, but unlike Sanchez he doesnt do it 5 or 6 times every game.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bunnski said:

He's been excellent for the past month, if he can get back to playing at the same level again on Tuesday night then I couldn't give 2 shits about the mistakes today, we were bet from the minute the team sheet was announced.  It's players like him that have led to us becoming more solid and harder to break down, excluding today obviously.  He was basically just doing his Carlos Sanchez impression, but unlike Sanchez he doesnt do it 5 or 6 times every game.

He's been decent. We haven't had any players that have been excellent for the past month. 

Ayew comes close but even he's been a bit hit and miss. 

2 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

Thinking that we could replace Benteke & Delph like for like LOL

Well we could have certainly done better than replacing them with Gana and Gestede. Two players who shouldn't even be in the PL

Â