Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

I think it's a fairly good move by the club, to be honest.

A way of saying "Chill your beans, homies. Yes we might be losing Delph, for £8m more than we thought we were in January, but here's a new player which we've paid for with real money. Untwist your knickers and enjoy the weekend".

Ha! From the Club that's been ruining weekends most weekends for the past five years

• Like 1

Well timed announcement, AVFC. In fact, too well timed, as it's blindingly obvious what it tries to achieve. Still, very much looking forward to seeing Gueye in action. He might very well end up being an upgrade on Delph.

Well timed announcement, AVFC. In fact, too well timed, as it's blindingly obvious what it tries to achieve.

Still, very much looking forward to seeing Gueye in action. He might very well end up being an upgrade on Delph.

I hope you are right about that.

Welcome! I genuinely hope you turn out to be a star and people very quickly forget about Delph.

I see him playing as part of central 2 with Sanchez - assuming Sanchez has a decent pre-season and gets up to speed. That gives us a very solid base to build from going forward.

Welcome Idrissa. I'm treating this deal as if we'd lost delph on a free and managed to secure Gueye on a free. Makes it easier for my sunburnt head to process.

Anyway, glad the club have confirmed the signing.

Â