Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

All good and well on paper, but in reality Gueye was playing against much weaker opposition week in week out.

thats if you believe the Premier League is the greatest league in the world hype ;)

Good chance Sanchez is off after this signing then?

Why?

Our current midfield options are Westwood, Sanchez, Gueye and Gary Gardner. I'm not counting people like Joe Cole who aren't fit enough to start games consistently in this league anymore.

The players we have now are not good enough to play a 4-4-2, no chance. It needs to 3 so you need at least 5 viable options in the squad  with the inevitable injuries/suspensions.

What people seem to be forgetting is we have yet to replace Cleverley who rate him or not started the vast majority of games for us last year.

I can see guide and sanchez being out midfield twosome next season. If sanchez can work on his passing we have some real steel in.midfield

Sherwood tried that right at the start, played 4-4-2 against Stoke and we had control of that game for about 5 minutes. Sanchez imo isn't mobile enough to play in a 4-4-2.

Three works reasonbably well for us but we need more goal power there so I'm hoping the next midfielder signed can get forward and score as we've lacked that since Milner left.

This club is so bad at PR that our biggest signing in years (cost) has been totally lost in all the furore about Delph leaving.

I think we just need to start the idrissa lovin' train. All aboard...choo choo.

Gotta be an Idrissa chant using "Is this the (Idrissa) real life, is this (he) just fantasy ..." Bohemian Rhapsody style.

• Like 1

Â