Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Welcome aboard. Going to have to live with the Delph comparison for a long while I expect.

Who's Delph?
An absolute word removed
Word removed shows as the proper word in the main page.

No offence but you are all idiots if you blame Delph for this.

People are pissed off that he made a big song and dance about loyalty only to **** off at the earliest opportunity a few months later. As someone else said in the other thread, if he'd kept his mouth shut there'd be a lot less animosity.

As for Gueye, I don't see why he can't come in and make an impact. I think people are just a bit overly negative because of Delph leaving.

Who made Delph make a big song and dance about loyalty?. Watch the interview and think about it.. If there was no 8M clause id be just as pissed off about it but the fact is the club knew exactly what was going on. It seems to me he listened to the club more than his agent on this one and thought he was doing the best for Villa.

They do say footballers aren't the brightest people.

Welcome aboard. Going to have to live with the Delph comparison for a long while I expect.

Who's Delph?
An absolute word removed

People are pissed off that he made a big song and dance about loyalty only to **** off at the earliest opportunity a few months later. As someone else said in the other thread, if he'd kept his mouth shut there'd be a lot less animosity.

As for Gueye, I don't see why he can't come in and make an impact. I think people are just a bit overly negative because of Delph leaving.

Who made Delph make a big song and dance about loyalty?. Watch the interview and think about it.. If there was no 8M clause id be just as pissed off about it but the fact is the club knew exactly what was going on. It seems to me he listened to the club more than his agent on this one and thought he was doing the best for Villa.

Why are you so sure it's all the club's doing? I don't think all the emphasis on loyalty was just coming from them alone, especially if they knew he'd be likely to leave in the summer anyway.

Who's Delph?
An absolute word removed

Why are you so sure it's all the club's doing? I don't think all the emphasis on loyalty was just coming from them alone, especially if they knew he'd be likely to leave in the summer anyway.

Because they both agreed to an 8M Clause. Why on earth would Delph do that interview when he knew he would leave if a bid came in. On the other hand Lambert and Villa needed a massive boost at that time.

The only people benefiting from that interview was the club. I'm convinced Delph was told to say those things. Pure PR stunt to get the fans back in the ground during a period of very low attendance,. Delph agreed with it for whatever reason. (Prob sell on fee). On top of that he was told to back a manager that was under massive pressure.

Come on Mantis you're an intelligent guy. Think about it logically. What would Delph have achieved from saying all those things when he already planned to leave this summer if a bid came in?

Yeah, I don't think it's any one single party you can be frustrated with.  Villa needed some good news to give to the fans, the deal was very much a good one for Delph...Villa probably gambled on him not immediately leaving after signing the  deal to be fair...

Just a lot of PR and gambling that is blowing up in their faces a little now, nothing we can't move on from.

Talking about moving on, seems the delph stuff is spilling from the delph thread to our new boy thread...which is a bit of a shame to put a grey cloud over him already.

Think on the positives of one out, and one in...again...welcome to Idrissa.

Because they both agreed to an 8M Clause. Why on earth would Delph do that interview when he knew he would leave if a bid came in. On the other hand Lambert and Villa needed a massive boost at that time.

The only people benefiting from that interview was the club. I'm convinced Delph was told to say those things. Pure PR stunt to get the fans back in the ground during a period of very low attendance,. Delph agreed with it for whatever reason. (Prob sell on fee). On top of that he was told to back a manager that was under massive pressure.

Come on Mantis you're an intelligent guy. Think about it logically. What would Delph have achieved from saying all those things when he already planned to leave this summer if a bid came in?

What exactly do the club get from it either? They benefited from the deal itself, not all that BS about loyalty. Why would they get him to talk about loyalty so much knowing that he was going to leave a few months later? It certainly doesn't make them look good.

What exactly do the club get from it either? They benefited from the deal itself, not all that BS about loyalty. Why would they get him to talk about loyalty so much knowing that he was going to leave a few months later? It certainly doesn't make them look good.

I can only say getting the fans onside and selling more tickets, we had Lambert as the manager at the time right?  They must have been desperate for any good news to give sales a boost at the time.

• Like 1

I can only say getting the fans onside and selling more tickets, we had Lambert as the manager at the time right?  They must have been desperate for any good news to give sales a boost at the time.

As I said, the contract renewal alone was enough.

They benefited from the massive boost it gave to fans at the time. You have to remember these were really desperate times and the main objective was staying up. Half empty stadiums weren't going to help achieve this. Having your best player plead his loyalty in interviews would go a long way when you are desperate. They are clever people running a multi million £ business. We are the customers. They will do whatever it takes to keep us happy in the short term.

I can only say getting the fans onside and selling more tickets, we had Lambert as the manager at the time right? They must have been desperate for any good news to give sales a boost at the time.

That's what we think we aren't the ones responsible for Million £ loses if the club get relegated.

They benefited from the massive boost it gave to fans at the time. You have to remember these were really desperate times and the main objective was staying up. Half empty stadiums weren't going to help achieve this. Having your best player plead his loyalty in interviews would go a long way when you are desperate. They are clever people running a multi million £ business. We are the customers. They will do whatever it takes to keep us happy in the short term.

Sorry, don't buy that at all. The massive boost came from the new contract, not Delph pledging his loyalty.

Here's what I don't get, the club are supposed to be cool and calculating and constantly putting up smoke and mirrors to deceive the fans yet at the same time they get Delph to go on about loyalty, when they know he will probably leave? They would've been able to see how it would backfire from a mile away.

Delph himself probably thought he'd be here longer than just a few more months.

That's what we think we aren't the ones responsible for Million £ loses if the club get relegated.

Wait, so are you saying that if Delph renewed his contract but without the fanfare about loyalty we would've been relegated?

Yeah, right...

Edited by Mantis

I can only say getting the fans onside and selling more tickets, we had Lambert as the manager at the time right? They must have been desperate for any good news to give sales a boost at the time.

Who arranged and conducted the interviews? Was Delph supposed to decline them or even worse say nothing in the interviews? The AVFC questions were directed in such a way there was no other way to answer. Pure PR Stunt. Nothing natural about it.

AIn't trying to be a moderator or anything, but just wanna remind you boys this is the thread for a new player htat just signed yesterday...and it's quickly becoming delph mk2.  That just seems like a shame in this particular instance..

• Like 1

Â