Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Nope. Guess he's more Clevery's "replacement" if anything. Unfortunately have to say I'd never really heard of him before him signing but all reports seem to be positive, and the Marseille chairman throwing his teddies out the pram over not getting him also looks good. I'm excited to see him play.

• Like 1

heres a start... good read on the new man

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2015/07/11/profile-idrissa-gueye-aston-villas-newest-midfield-dynamo/

Will be hard to keep him when Man Utd come calling next summer ;)!

After reading this article I'm feeling very positive about this signing, too positive.

You should be . I'm surprised we got him.

• Like 1

Tim Sherwood has backed Idrissa Gueye to be a box to box No.8 for Villa.

The boss thinks Gueye can play as a holding central ace.

But he believes the Senegalese international is more suited to having the "shackles off" and driving forward.

He said: "Idrissa is a good acquisition to the squad.

"He has the same energy as Fabian Delph, which everyone will be pleased to hear.

"If you can get two players who run around as much as them? I think the groundsman will have a problem keeping that grass on the pitch!"

On comparisons in style to Chelsea player Ramires, he added: "He's similar. Ramires can play flexible as well - as a No.6 in a sitting midfield role or as a No.8 box to box.

"Idrissa can do both of them.

"He wants to get the shackles off really and get box to box. That's what he's looking to do and we're happy for him to do that.

"He wanted to come to the Premier League. He had a few options but we were delighted he decided to join us."

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4860535,00.html

• Like 1

heres a start... good read on the new man

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2015/07/11/profile-idrissa-gueye-aston-villas-newest-midfield-dynamo/

Will be hard to keep him when Man Utd come calling next summer ;)!

Thank you very much for this!  Very interesting.  So, **** yeah, he's a genuine 'dynamo'.  There's something about that word that loudly rings my bell.  Throw in a 'tyro', a sexy new photo of him in the finest and it may be love!

Clickings

Idrissa Gueye will have the 'shackles off' in midfield, says Tim Sherwood

JS68065516.jpg

Idrissa Gueye will be given the freedom to continue his recent goal-scoring run, boss Tim Sherwood has confirmed.

The new £9million man is likely to play alongside captain Fabian Delph in the Aston Villa midfield - not behind him, as first thought.

Gueye was known as a solid defensive midfielder back in France but last year he started to add goals to his game.

Sherwood said: “He has the same energy as Fabian Delph, which everyone will be pleased to hear.

“If you can get two players who run around as much as them, I think the groundsman will have a problem keeping that grass on the pitch!”

“He wants to get the shackles off really and get box to box. That’s what he’s looking to do and we’re happy for him to do that.

“He wanted to come to the Premier League. He had a few options but we were delighted he decided to join us.”

Goody gumdrops.

Clickings

Idrissa Gueye will have the 'shackles off' in midfield, says Tim Sherwood

JS68065516.jpg

Idrissa Gueye will be given the freedom to continue his recent goal-scoring run, boss Tim Sherwood has confirmed.

The new £9million man is likely to play alongside captain Fabian Delph in the Aston Villa midfield - not behind him, as first thought.

Gueye was known as a solid defensive midfielder back in France but last year he started to add goals to his game.

Sherwood said: “He has the same energy as Fabian Delph, which everyone will be pleased to hear.

“If you can get two players who run around as much as them, I think the groundsman will have a problem keeping that grass on the pitch!”

“He wants to get the shackles off really and get box to box. That’s what he’s looking to do and we’re happy for him to do that.

“He wanted to come to the Premier League. He had a few options but we were delighted he decided to join us.”

Goody gumdrops.

Tim's Goody Liqueur Gumdrops.  The perfect indulgent night cap for any man enjoying a smooth mid-life renaissance #DoItLikeSherwood.

Edited by Shomin Geki

I Imagine We'll be playing Gueye and Delph as box to box midfielders with sanchez or westwood sitting behind them. After reading The article, He might very well be å step up from cleverly.

I Imagine We'll be playing Gueye and Delph as box to box midfielders with sanchez or westwood sitting behind them. After reading The article, He might very well be å step up from cleverly.

He has got a pass on him too, long and short range, can shoot, full of energy, good player!

Â