Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We're clearly setting up to play the Spain 2012 tactic of 6 in midfield with no strikers...

Guzan

Bacuna   Richards   Lescott   Amavi

Traore   Veretout   Ljajic   Westwood   Gana   Grealish

• Like 3

Can you imagine if he did end up here?  I know I said I was unsure of his temperament and consistency but I'd still laugh my tits off because we'd robbed a prized asset off them.

• Like 2

Priority is defender and striker.  We all know this

IF we are pursuing Ljalic,  we must have more outs than expected or more to spend than anticipated

You'd imagine so, because a player like Ljalic is no where near as much of a priority as a striker is. 

Can you imagine if he did end up here?  I know I said I was unsure of his temperament and consistency but I'd still laugh my tits off because we'd robbed a prized asset off them.

It would be pretty hilarious.

Of course, I can't see it happening - but given the midfielders we now have at the club, a Berahino-type of forward is exactly what we need.  Whether that can be Jordan Ayew remains to be seen.

Aston Villa have held talks over a potential deal for Roma attacking midfielder Adem Ljajic.

The 23-year-old came close to joining Manchester United from Partizan Belgrade in 2010 when an agreement was reached to sell him but United pulled out. Ljajic left Serbia to link up with Serie A side Fiorentina instead and moved on to Roma in 2013.

He has a contract running until 2017 but Roma are looking to get him off their wage bill, but Villa have limited funds left which means any deal may be an initial loan.

They remain interested in Joleon Lescott from West Brom and Swansea's Michu but a deal for Aaron Lennon at Tottenham looks unlikely.

Villa are trying to offload Libor Kozak to Celtic while Charles N'Zogbia, Keiran Richardson and Philippe Senderos, who has been discussing moves to Turkey, have also been told they can go.

Lescott has an offer from West Brom to renew his contract but there is a hitch over the figures.

Tim Sherwood remains keen to allow Villa's youth players to develop and will draft in 17-year-old defender Easah Suliman to his first team squad tonight against Notts County.

Academy graduate Suliman was wanted by Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Liverpool but the centre-back committed to Villa after they assured him he would get his chance if he continued improving.

In terms of outs, Kozak seems to be on the verge of joining Celtic, is there anyone else edging towards the exit door?

Richardson and Tonev we know have been made available, is there a surprise exit on the cards?

Most have either moved on already or renewed their contracts reiterating their future here.

Can't see a surprise exit.

Trent can I ask what you are predicting for the rest of the window? do you think we will bring a striker in? only asking you because I know so far this window you've been spot on with everything

Well, I've not been 100% on the money I mean I believe Delph would stay right up until the day he went based on what I was told but I've not done bad. Unless Berbatov did sign and I missed it ;)

As for the rest of the window, Lescott will sign I'm pretty sure of that, I still think there is a chance the Adebayor thing could be revived but we do seem to have competition from West Ham now.

After that I think it will depend almost entirely on departures there are a number of players that aren't wanted and a few others who would be allowed to go in the right circumstances.

Personally I still think we need the following to give us the balance we need. Next to no chance of getting all 4 I'd say though. I just really hope we can shift a few quickly.

GK

RB

CB

CF

• Like 2

Aston Villa have held talks over a potential deal for Roma attacking midfielder Adem Ljajic.

The 23-year-old came close to joining Manchester United from Partizan Belgrade in 2010 when an agreement was reached to sell him but United pulled out. Ljajic left Serbia to link up with Serie A side Fiorentina instead and moved on to Roma in 2013.

He has a contract running until 2017 but Roma are looking to get him off their wage bill, but Villa have limited funds left which means any deal may be an initial loan.

They remain interested in Joleon Lescott from West Brom and Swansea's Michu but a deal for Aaron Lennon at Tottenham looks unlikely.

Villa are trying to offload Libor Kozak to Celtic while Charles N'Zogbia, Keiran Richardson and Philippe Senderos, who has been discussing moves to Turkey, have also been told they can go.

Lescott has an offer from West Brom to renew his contract but there is a hitch over the figures.

Tim Sherwood remains keen to allow Villa's youth players to develop and will draft in 17-year-old defender Easah Suliman to his first team squad tonight against Notts County.

Academy graduate Suliman was wanted by Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Liverpool but the centre-back committed to Villa after they assured him he would get his chance if he continued improving.

On Easah - his dad would never have allowed him to leave Villa at this stage of his development.  Those clubs were interested though.  Def a talent and has the potential.

• Like 2

Trent can I ask what you are predicting for the rest of the window? do you think we will bring a striker in? only asking you because I know so far this window you've been spot on with everything

Well, I've not been 100% on the money I mean I believe Delph would stay right up until the day he went based on what I was told but I've not done bad. Unless Berbatov did sign and I missed it ;)

As for the rest of the window, Lescott will sign I'm pretty sure of that, I still think there is a chance the Adebayor thing could be revived but we do seem to have competition from West Ham now.

After that I think it will depend almost entirely on departures there are a number of players that aren't wanted and a few others who would be allowed to go in the right circumstances.

Personally I still think we need the following to give us the balance we need. Next to no chance of getting all 4 I'd say though. I just really hope we can shift a few quickly.

GK

RB

CB

CF

I don't think we would look at getting another right back in with having Hutton, Bacuna, Crespo and, potentially, Richards who can play there? Even if Hutton was allowed to leave, I couldn't see Sherwood looking at replacing in that position.

You seem pretty certain about Lescott so I guess that would more than likely happen, particularly as we have been heavily linked with him recently.

I am not overly concerned about a 'keeper but wouldn't mind a first choice coming in if we could get one.

I guess the striker situation now takes on more importance with our lack of back-up. I was thinking that Kozak might be the one to challenge for the main striker role with Gestede but it now looks like he could go. I wouldn't fancy seeing gabby playing there on a regular basis and Ayew looks way off that level yet. Unless Gestede can stay fit and firing on all cylinders, I could definitely see us looking at getting another striker in if we lose Kozak.

I think it's 1800 it finishes on Tue ?

good shout, found it confirmed as such on the FA website.

The summer transfer window for Premier League clubs will close on Tuesday 1 September at 1800 BST.

So this time next week there'll be a little over 3 hours 41 minutes to go.

At the moment everyone's waiting for that one big move somewhere that sets off all the dominoes falling all over the place aren't we?