Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Guzan's fine, we don't need another keeper unless we can get a significant upgrade.

This.

If an upgrade is available then I'd be ok with it now. I wasn't at the start of the window because I didn't think we'd make so many signings in other areas. Now I'd be ok with it.

I don't think we NEED a new keeper though. It would be a luxury. Guzan is more than good enough for where we are as a club.

• Like 1

Guzan's fine, we don't need another keeper unless we can get a significant upgrade.

This.

If an upgrade is available then I'd be ok with it now. I wasn't at the start of the window because I didn't think we'd make so many signings in other areas. Now I'd be ok with it.

I don't think we NEED a new keeper though. It would be a luxury. Guzan is more than good enough for where we are as a club.

I guess that depends on your definition of good enough. I genuinely believe his is the weakest position left. Nobody is "good enough" should an improvement, even just an incremental one, be available to you. If that makes sense.

The question is more how easily could we improve upon him. In my opinion, reasonably easily, depending on the money available to us. I appreciate not everyone feels the same way, but there is a growing number who have lost confidence in him.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I think if you're Basque you're Basque. That's judged from my Basque friend - and it does cover some of the south of france and some of the north of spain. Occupied countries don't tend to associate with the occupiers' nationalities I reckon!

Yeah but I know quite a few Basquewards  -  some of who post on here! My dad used to call me one when he was angry with me. 

Lescott, Adebayor and a new keeper would make me happy.

I think this is wholly realistic. I do hope that the money being touted for Ljajic is there and that we see a last minute splurge but I fear it will be a case of these two only.

We'll then get the line about wages etc. 

Which leads me to beg the question: We must still be up on wages compared to this time last year, surely? 

I think the way our summer has panned out, with our new younglings and the way we're looking at the moment, including what we're lacking, he's probably not a bad fit.  I've always said the price is completely irrelevant as a fan.  What the board want to spend is up to them.  The only question from a fan perspective is whether the player is right for the team.  A Villa frontline with Berahino in it, amongst players of his own age (as opposed to the West Bromwich pensioners), could be very good indeed.  So yes is basically what I'm saying :) /waffle

• Like 1

would anyone take Berahino for 24M ?

Yes - for what it would mean for this season, he'd fire us up the table, he's a good player who'd easily walk in to our team, it'd wind them lot up

No - probably within a year, almost definitely within 2 years he'd be playing us up too, we'd be lucky to get 2 years out of him