Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Apart from in European competition.

Yeah Europe league with lazio he was top scorer so he did well there. But otherwise it's pretty bleak.

His goals came in 4 games. In the other 27 he played in that year he didn't score any.

Speaking to a knowledgeable baggies fan no Lescott isn't past it and yes he is currently better than Clark.

Well if the baggies dont think he is good enough to get on their defense and they are letting him go to replace by Evans then he certainly isnt good enough for us

that ignores the possibility that they want to keep him,  we have enquired and he has said "actually i fancy it more at Villa thanks"

Why did he not come here then 2 years ago instead of them.  'Im not saying what you say is not possible but i dont think it.  Also the fee, if true, is pretty large for a 33 year old, who lets face it will only go down hill.

For any of the following reasons

1. We were not interested

2. We were but could not afford him

3. We had other targets / a different approach to the game

4. We did not think he would fit in or help us at the time

• Like 1

I completely agree with the trap theory... He has 12 months left on his contract, his free should be dropping not escalating.

Given all the creative players we are bringing in and are now linked with... Ljajic is a very gifted player. Is it possible that TS is happy with our strikers because he thinks all our flair players will be putting balls on silver platters for them to tap in?? Then it won't matter who the striker is! Haha..

Who do we have as strikers for the club?

Gestede - new to the league, scored one needs to learn

Ayew - Not sure he is a striker he is a support forward if there is such a thing

Kozak - looks to be heading out

Gabby - I was thinking of putting the tea lady first ,  not sure what he is but he's not a striker.

Sinclair - I'll stick him here but he's not a striker he's another support forward

So in essence we have one striker.

We need another

Hasn't seemed to have scored a lot of goals, is he an attacking mid or a centre forward?

"The 23-year-old appeared in 32 Serie A games for Roma last season, starting 23 and scoring eight goals."

Quite impressive for an attacking midfielder.

Ljajic is a big talent but not the right move for us, wrong position, big wages. Need a striker desperately and if there's still lots of money around, which I highly doubt, let's get a proper classy defender. Jack and Gil should have us OK in attacking mid, with Traore and Sinclair as options on the wing. 

• Like 1