Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Speaking to a knowledgeable baggies fan no Lescott isn't past it and yes he is currently better than Clark.

Well if the baggies dont think he is good enough to get on their defense and they are letting him go to replace by Evans then he certainly isnt good enough for us

that ignores the possibility that they want to keep him, we have enquired and he has said "actually i fancy it more at Villa thanks"

My baggies mates cant understand why they would let him go as he was brilliant for them last season.

I dont rate Evans 1 bit would much prefer experience of Lescott and playing for his boyhood club would surely eek a bit more out of him.

Someone convince me on Austin then. I've seen nothing that suggests he's any more than dog average. I'd put him in the same bracket as Walters and I'm not sure he's got much on Kozak. What am I missing?

Austin got 17 goals last season.

The others for wharever reason have never ever looked like scoring that many.

I don't particular rate him fwiw but he's better than the players you've just highlighted.

VILLA OPEN LJAJIC TALKS

We understand Aston Villa have opened negotiations with Roma over the signing of attacking midfielder Adem Ljajic.

Our colleagues in Italy understand the Giallorossi would be willing to let the Serbia international leave, and that a deal could be finalised soon.

Roma director of football Walter Sabatini is reportedly in England for negotiations.

Ljajic was close to joining Manchester United in 2009 when he was at Partizan Belgrade but United pulled out of the move and the 23-year-old left for Fiorentina a year later.

He then signed for Roma in 2013 for £8m but it now looks like he will be on the move again and Villa are front-runners in the race to seal his signature. 

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Still maintain we probably do/did have interest but probably not the funds required for the deal.

ok maybe there is more in this then

don't understand why we need yet another midfielder, we're not Spurs... oh wait

Someone convince me on Austin then. I've seen nothing that suggests he's any more than dog average. I'd put him in the same bracket as Walters and I'm not sure he's got much on Kozak. What am I missing?

I don't particular rate him fwiw but he's better than the players you've just highlighted.

QPR were set up for Austin to score goals last season and I think he had four penalties in there - Kozak got 4 in 14 and it's not outlandish to suggest that had we made him the focus of our attack and he'd stayed fit for the full season he could have matched that target. I just get the feeling that QPR are setting someone up for a mugging. For the same money I'd sooner have Vardy. I don't rate Vardy.

• Like 1

QPR were set up for Austin to score goals last season and I think he had four penalties in there - Kozak got 4 in 14 and it's not outlandish to suggest that had we made him the focus of our attack and he'd stayed fit for the full season he could have matched that target. I just get the feeling that QPR are setting someone up for a mugging. For the same money I'd sooner have Vardy. I don't rate Vardy.

There's nothing to suggest he would have reached that mark either.

Tbf to Austin he's banged in goals wherever.

Kozak has never really been prolific.

I don't/didn't even want Austin or rate him that highly, although I am warming to the idea more and more as it becomes obvious a goalscorer is still a huge priority, but it's obvious he's a class above those players. He has scored lots of goals at every level including an impressive amount in the Prem last season, Walters Stoke record is awful and has never scored many anywhere. And I'm not seeing what Kozak has done to suggest he is anywhere near Austins ability either, it's clear Sherwood doesn't rate him.

Fair enough Stefan, and goals are difficult to argue with, but I really feel that Austin is a £15m trap waiting for someone daft enough to put the money on the table. I hope it's not us.

I dont think it is us.  He is the type we would have gone for under the old old philosophy .  That seems to have changed this summer

• Like 1

Fair enough Stefan, and goals are difficult to argue with, but I really feel that Austin is a £15m trap waiting for someone daft enough to put the money on the table. I hope it's not us.

Like I say, I don't disagree with you on that. Just don't agree on the players you suggest being better.

Tbh though, 15m seems steep but it appears the fee for a half decent player has gone to what 8-12m?

I was quite excited by the fact we had signed 3/4 8 or so million quid players. Looking at it now, that's probably a pretty average some of money nowadays.

Speaking to a knowledgeable baggies fan no Lescott isn't past it and yes he is currently better than Clark.

Well if the baggies dont think he is good enough to get on their defense and they are letting him go to replace by Evans then he certainly isnt good enough for us

that ignores the possibility that they want to keep him,  we have enquired and he has said "actually i fancy it more at Villa thanks"

Why did he not come here then 2 years ago instead of them.  'Im not saying what you say is not possible but i dont think it.  Also the fee, if true, is pretty large for a 33 year old, who lets face it will only go down hill.

I completely agree with the trap theory... He has 12 months left on his contract, his free should be dropping not escalating.

Given all the creative players we are bringing in and are now linked with... Ljajic is a very gifted player. Is it possible that TS is happy with our strikers because he thinks all our flair players will be putting balls on silver platters for them to tap in?? Then it won't matter who the striker is! Haha..