Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I have a sneaky suspicion that there's a chance Austin will be a Villa player by the end of the window.

#StevoITK

In all seriousness, I do have a sneaky suspicion, but it's based off nothing but a hunch.

I have a sneaky suspicion that there's a chance Austin will be a Villa player by the end of the window.

#StevoITK

In all seriousness, I do have a sneaky suspicion, but it's based off nothing but a hunch.

I dont' believe he will.  But I do think it's an issue for us.

We need a striker,  someone to score goals for us regularly.  He has done that and is proven at this level

For Sherwood now if he doesn't buy Austin (and I don't believe he will) then anyone he does buy will be compared to the "we should have bought Austin when we had the chance" comment,  unless that striker scores regularly.  Which if it is Adebayor i do not believe he will

Also if we go for a potential talent rather than a proven talent he will get the "should have gone for someone proven and able to settle quickly" comment which will be an issue

In addition if we are struggling for targets then the pressure for us to get Austin will be huge and he may be the desperation signing

I guess what I am saying is Austin is an issue and a bearing in our transfer dealings and will continue to be so the longer we go without getting a striker.  Tick Tock

If Kozak goes then we will be even more desperate for a striker. We've only really got Gabby, Ayew and Gestede.

(Gabby barely even counts - TS might as well name one of us as a striker option because we're all Villa fans too, and we'd be willing to mindlessly run around a bit whilst achieving **** all).

• Like 2

Getting anxious now. We need goals or we are down.

Well arguably at this stage we need to stop goals.  We have 3 points from three games and if we do not concede goals it gives us a chance. SO I dont think we are down.

Speaking to a knowledgeable baggies fan no Lescott isn't past it and yes he is currently better than Clark.

depending upon how he is used i think he has two years left at this level.  Performance will drop off rapidly now.

Two years may just suit us and him

Speaking to a knowledgeable baggies fan no Lescott isn't past it and yes he is currently better than Clark.

Well if the baggies dont think he is good enough to get on their defense and they are letting him go to replace by Evans then he certainly isnt good enough for us

Well if the baggies dont think he is good enough to get on their defense and they are letting him go to replace by Evans then he certainly isnt good enough for us

we need experience at the back, Lescott would be a good addition even if it is fairly short term.

he has more experience than Clark but i don't think he is better.

wow now even Talksport the kings of accuracy reporting the Ljajic story.

is Ljajic the new Praet? Can we have a long thread on him despite no concrete evidence that we ever wanted him please.

thanx

...and skys transfer window thingymebob!

wow now even Talksport the kings of accuracy reporting the Ljajic story.

is Ljajic the new Praet? Can we have a long thread on him despite no concrete evidence that we ever wanted him please.

thanx

...and skys transfer window thingymebob!

Just seen that there now, I always thought he was a decent player!

that ignores the possibility that they want to keep him,  we have enquired and he has said "actually i fancy it more at Villa thanks"

VILLA OPEN LJAJIC TALKS

We understand Aston Villa have opened negotiations with Roma over the signing of attacking midfielder Adem Ljajic.

Our colleagues in Italy understand the Giallorossi would be willing to let the Serbia international leave, and that a deal could be finalised soon.

Roma director of football Walter Sabatini is reportedly in England for negotiations.

Ljajic was close to joining Manchester United in 2009 when he was at Partizan Belgrade but United pulled out of the move and the 23-year-old left for Fiorentina a year later.

He then signed for Roma in 2013 for £8m but it now looks like he will be on the move again and Villa are front-runners in the race to seal his signature. 

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Still maintain we probably do/did have interest but probably not the funds required for the deal.