Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Bid for Gervinho turned down?

???

According to a couple of articles today over here Sabatini was in London yesterday to tie up our bid for Ljajic, we also had an offer for Gervinho turned down as too low apparently. The last one I read also stated we had both Ljajic and Destro lined up a month ago but it didn't go ahead because of possible takeover.

Personally I don't see us bidding for Gervinho, this is the man who wanted a helicopter to and from training to renew his contract at Roma (didn't get it, but he was apparently quite serious).

Yeah Grealish didn't play properly on the left till Traore came on.

He lined up on paper as the player in the hole behind the striker, but in the match he always drifted left and Gabby right. Rarely did I see Grealish receive the ball in the a central position up the field. 

Bid for Gervinho turned down?

???

According to a couple of articles today over here Sabatini was in London yesterday to tie up our bid for Ljajic, we also had an offer for Gervinho turned down as too low apparently. The last one I read also stated we had both Ljajic and Destro lined up a month ago but it didn't go ahead because of possible takeover.

Personally I don't see us bidding for Gervinho, this is the man who wanted a helicopter to and from training to renew his contract at Roma (didn't get it, but he was apparently quite serious).

He wanted a Helicopter and a private beach to move to Al-Jazira as they had a bid accepted, I saw it more as him not wanting to go so made stupid demands and then it was win-win for him.

At tonight's game we clearly lacked a focal point, we knew this already of course but Jack, Gil and Troare really looked the part but the movement in front of them was poor.

A good striker is an absolute must.

Just suggested on Talksport that Lescott has called in the PFA to sort out a contract issue with WBA. Anyone heard anything?

Heard that he has a release clause in his contract that WBA haven't allowed him to activate after a bid. He has therefore asked the PFA to get involved. Think the baggies are desperate for a CB as Lescott will definitely be leaving.

Just suggested on Talksport that Lescott has called in the PFA to sort out a contract issue with WBA. Anyone heard anything?

Heard that he has a release clause in his contract that WBA haven't allowed him to activate after a bid. He has therefore asked the PFA to get involved. Think the baggies are desperate for a CB as Lescott will definitely be leaving.

I heard he wanted to exercise an option for extra year on his contract but the boggies are dragging feet

IMO last nights performance pretty much confirmed what most of us already knew, we need a new CB & GK. I know that wasnt our first choice team out but these are the players we are left with if Brad or any of our defenders get injured which is a very real possibility.

A striker is also still a high priority but Sinclair has hopefully shown Tim that he should be picked ahead of Gabby in that position.

So, GK, CB & ST

It really is a shame........ the way it has been the last 5-7 years.

We had a superb midfield - the likes of Young Barry Milner Downing.. and we lacked strikers. Got rid of them to fund Bent. Bent then lacked support. Got rid of him.. Got Benteke.. same situation.

Now it appears we have the supply and quality with no striker!

Benteke in front of our current attacking players would have been amazing. Ah well... it is what it is.

It does appear we have a bit of money left for a striker.. especially if Kozak and a few others leave.  1 week to bring in a goal scorer.

• Like 3

It really is a shame........ the way it has been the last 5-7 years.

We had a superb midfield - the likes of Young Barry Milner Downing.. and we lacked strikers. Got rid of them to fund Bent. Bent then lacked support. Got rid of him.. Got Benteke.. same situation.

Now it appears we have the supply and quality with no striker!

Benteke in front of our current attacking players would have been amazing. Ah well... it is what it is.

It does appear we have a bit of money left for a striker.. especially if Kozak and a few others leave.  1 week to bring in a goal scorer.

We've just bought a 10mil striker. 

What type of CM is Gervinho? Can't really remember.

Hes a forward

:DActually, he's a winger. As is Ljajic.

We are already overloaded with wide players, with Sinclair, Ayew, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Gil and now Traore.

Ayew has been a left-winger all his career, until last season, when he was forced to play a central role because his club lost their central strikers to long term injuries and sales they didn't replace.

Hes a forward

:D

Not a very good one either. scored 9 in 46 appearances for Arsenal and 11 in 57 appearances for Roma

He's a bit weird, drifts right out of games but I saw him at the Olimpico destroy Montella's Fiorentina. Even then he dissappeared for half an hour though if I remember right. Can do some really special things but just not consistently and would appear to need his head sorting out a bit. Would be a massive gamble but I imagine he'd come here and hit the ground running have a good first season and score a lot of goals then lose interest ;)

Hes a forward

:DActually, he's a winger. As is Ljajic.

We are already overloaded with wide players, with Sinclair, Ayew, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Gil and now Traore.

Ayew has been a left-winger all his career, until last season, when he was forced to play a central role because his club lost their central strikers to long term injuries and sales they didn't replace.

No Gervinho has been played as a forward for Roma almost exclusively, often on his own in front of 3.